make a TRUE mod documentation ?

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

BODnewbie2
Dragon

make a TRUE mod documentation ?

Postby BODnewbie2 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:11 pm

can someone make a state of all the MOD documentation ? Too many dead links dispatched everywhere.

MOD with easy exemples and for making characters and anims, a step by step doc with printscreens

R3D manual is totaly unreadable for someone who have no idea about 3dsMAX
Can a newbie can even find 3dsmax2.5 somewhere ? Does it works on Win7 ?
What about all the plugins Harrison made ? How to make them work ?

Does anybody even want to see new stuff on BOD ? Who still play this game ? Who even want to answer me ?

Tomash
Dragon

Re: make a TRUE mod documentation ?

Postby Tomash » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:40 pm

can someone make a state of all the MOD documentation ? Too many dead links dispatched everywhere.
MOD with easy exemples and for making characters and anims, a step by step doc with printscreens
Seems no. This kind of work is time consuming and thankless actually. I made some manuals for modding but nobody use it. Even if I made it at the request.
R3D manual is totaly unreadable for someone who have no idea about 3dsMAX
It is not a fault of manual. Someone who have no idea about 3dsMAX won't be able to work with that software anyway. You have to learn basics of Python to make scripts well, and you have to learn basics of 3dsMAX to make models and animations.
Can a newbie even find 3dsmax2.5 somewhere ? Does it works on Win7 ?
I have it and can share. Yes it works on Win7

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: make a TRUE mod documentation ?

Postby prospero » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Max 2.5 is not a free piece of software. It could be regarded as abandoned as you cannot actually buy it. Nevertheless posting download links would potentially render the Forum open to legal reprocussions. So please don't do it.

Having said that, what you get up to behind the scenes is your business. :wink:

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”