New Maps and Mods.

Talk about Severance Blade of Darkness modifications and maps here. No tips or tech support questions please, use the forum above. Note that the game is rated 18 so some content may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Moderators: prospero, Ade

prospero
Ancient Dragon

New Maps and Mods.

Postby prospero » Wed May 16, 2018 1:15 pm

I have started this topic to post links to new Maps and Mods. :D

I have a new one. I say 'new', I have been working on it for 10 years and if it isn't finished now it
never will be. :lol:

http://www.petrbnsfineart.com/bladestuf ... Revolt.zip

Unzip into the BODLoader/Mods folder and you should be good to go. No extra mods needed.
* Sometimes extracting zips can give you an extra folder. So don't get a Mods/PeasantsRevolt/PeasantsRevolt

It's a BIG map and very complicated. Best not to rush though it.

I won't spoil things by over-explaining. But basically you are the Bad Guy and you have to find all the rebels
and eliminate them. You have your own army to help you.

Tips:
There are many civilian characters hanging about who will not attack. Avoid killing them. There are consequences if you do. :roll:
Some may be rebels in disguise. To identify them, hold the Black Sword in hand and it will glow when a rebel is near. To make them
crack stand close in front and get ready.....
To make things more interesting the traitors are not always the same guy each time you play.

You have your own fierce dog. He is partly trained. Press 'H' and he will come to heel.
Sometimes he will run away and get lost, but that's dogs for you.

Your allies will not take damage from you or each other. Sometimes they get bunched up and block your way.
To make them shift, just give then a hit and they should jump back.

There is a practice area near the start where you can kill a few prisoners. You start with a Sword and a Mace.
No need to pick up new weapons, the damage will update as you level up and new combos are enabled.

You start at level 4. If you get 'killed' you go down a level and respawn. If you get killed at level 1 the game ends.
* The guy who kills you gets his weapon upgraded (it will be illuminated) so watch out for him next time...

Watch out for the Messenger Guards. Approach them and they will report. They have open faceplates and always carry a mace.

To save games, copy the SaveGame.py file in SaveGameFix folder into the Lib folder to replace the original.

There are hints in the Journal ('J' key) Take time to read them as they will guide you.

That's it. Have Fun. Please report any glitches. :lol:

Kn1MS
Whelp

Re: New Maps and Mods.

Postby Kn1MS » Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Hello there! I can't even imagine the amount of work put into this map, it must be awesome. :shock: I've tried it and found a few errors and map flaws.

1. Dialogs don't work for me. I don't know, maybe it's all because of russian version of the game. Dialogs work in other mods though (MoriaMod e.g.). There are periods, colons and marks but no letters.
Some screenshots: 1, 2, 3
Screenshot from Moria.

2. I somehow managed to fall through the gap between the bars in the yard with prisoners. Screenshot's here!

3. If you go further (you can get through the grate though) you can find a flying torch. It seems like this place is supposed to be unreachable for the player but here we are. :D
Screenshot

4. Around the corner and in the room on the right there's a wall torch which is flying a little too.
Screenshot

5. Welp, it would be quite difficult to describe the way in words so I'm gonna show a few pics:
One, two, three. There are two flying grates. :D

6. We delve into the underground catacombs! A little more screenshots to show the way:
One, two. Seems like there must be a pool and a small waterfall? Well, I guess it's not too much of a problem if the player is supposed to stay away from this area?

I hope I could help. :roll:

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu May 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Thanks for the info....

You seem to have penetrated the underground. There is a big network of tunnels which was originally
part of the game but I sealed them off as I thought it was all getting over-complicated. So there will be
unfinished bits.
You end up in that pit only if you get permanently killed. :(

Can't think what's wrong with the talk graphics...... The problem is that everyone's setup is different.

I'll go and see if I can jump through that grill now.............. :D

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu May 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Well I didn't manage to jump though the grill but I have put a big invisible plank there just in case. :D

As a matter of interest, can you get text on the Journal?

It's strange that the Moria text works as it's basically the same code.

What screen Resolution are you running at?

Is it the same in Full Screen and Windowed?

Kn1MS
Whelp

Postby Kn1MS » Thu May 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Journal text is okay, I can see it. No problem here.

I use 1920x1080 resolution. Have tried to run the mod in windowed mode but it didn't help. :roll:

Oh, there's also an error which appears sometimes. Reinstalling the mod fixes it though... for a while.
Well I didn't manage to jump though the grill but I have put a big invisible plank there just in case. :D
It may be quite tricky. For the first time I just stepped between the bars and fell down, but doing it for the second time was pretty hard, I had to jump and walk around quite a lot. :D

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu May 17, 2018 7:09 pm

That error will only appear sometimes. There is obviously something missing somewhere.

Trouble is, I can't remember just how I did some things. :oops: Stand by for update.....

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu May 17, 2018 7:26 pm

OK. There is a .BOD file missing.

http://www.petrbnsfineart.com/bladestuff/mods/Bgz.zip

Unzip and copy the Bgz.BOD file to To3DChars folder. Uninstall/Install mod.

I'll update the main copy later......

On the whole I'm quite amazed that it works as well as it has so far..... :D

Sryml
Dragon

Postby Sryml » Thu May 17, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi! prospero. long time no see. :D :D
Glad to see the new mod, I really think it's lucky. But when I started playing it, some bad things happened. I can't get into the map. It's a mistake to create a character. :!:
Then I checked some code in the DefFuncs.py file and found that one function used a random number.
I know that "BlackGuard_Amz" does not exist, but I still believe in my luck so I loaded the map several times, without a single success, it is always greater than 5. Hhhha! :cry: :cry:

Alas, I eventually entered the map.
And I found some information on the console, some paths, wrong folder names in uppercase, the correct should be "Anm". Maybe a little help.

Have to say that this map is great! And it's fun. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kn1MS
Whelp

Postby Kn1MS » Thu May 17, 2018 10:16 pm

Some news! :D
1. There's some meat on the table at Matilda's house and it doesn't disappear after being eaten.
2. The tower spawn in western district is a little broken. Unless you release the half-orcs clan the door leading into the house is closed. I died at the beginning of this part and had to jump onto a slope nearby. Not a big problem because of low fall damage, but still.
3. There's a conspicuous texture on the floor in one of the rooms of the western district. Some shots to show the place: one, two.
4. It is possible to jump over the stone on the right side of our castle. The way leads to the edge of the map.

After killing 7 traitors I somehow got stuck. :roll: It's probably because I can't see dialogs and find out where I'm supposed to go. In fact there were like 3 or 4 cases when I had to run around looking for the next opened door. For now I only see the half-closed door in the first (eastern?) district and the wooden door around the corner (though I don't have a key).
The map itself is great and sometimes quite challenging due to enemies using their red attacks. I really like it! :D
Last edited by Kn1MS on Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu May 17, 2018 10:34 pm

Thanks Guys. That's just the sort of information I need. :D

Stand by for fixes......

Some of the traitors are easy to find and some are well hidden. Certain events will open doors to open
new areas. If you get stuck there are plenty of enemies to fight. They will keep spawning until you find
the signal lantern and smash it.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri May 18, 2018 5:24 pm

I've fixed a few things.....

I have other maps on my PC which I may have accidentally referenced. Of course it doesn't affect my
setup which is why some things may not work on another PC. :wink:

There are many half-opened doors that are not part of the gameplay. Just to make it
a bit more confusing. :roll:

That 'Not loaded anm' error is normal and doesn't affect anything. :D

I should point out that if you have the console printout enabled it can take a long time to save a game.
It almost looks as if the game has stalled but it will do it eventually.

The dialogue glitch is a problem. I will try to do a test file with the same settings as the original TS code and see
if that works.

livid
Whelp

Postby livid » Sat May 19, 2018 8:44 pm

Hello. I've played the mod, and it's awesome. Great map Prospero, so much fun killing those agitators! The hard work really paid off! Thanks for sharing this.
I loved every bit of it although I haven't been able to finish it. I'm stuck in the same part as Kn1MS. I killed 7-8 traitors but the graveyard key is nowhere to be found. Is that part incomplete? I ask this partly because I've been running around for a good while, re-visiting every location, and partly because of this quote.
I have a new one. I say 'new', I have been working on it for 10 years and if it isn't finished now it
never will be. :lol:
I'd love if you could provide some hints so I can find that damned key and carry on playing this wonderful mod.

Now here's a list of "weird stuff" (bugs, small errors that went unnoticed...) I've came across during my playthrough and you might like to check out. Only number 3 has a direct impact on the gameplay.

1- The combo Low Order Smash for the Mace is AB+FR but F1 picture says AB+FL.
2- Some archers pull out really big arrows from time to time. Screenshot. It's pretty funny though. When they manage to shoot them, they fly in slow motion.
3- RAS dwarves can't attack sometimes. The only thing they do is dodge around using sidesteps like crazy. It's like they forgot their combos.
4- I use a 1000 health potion and after that I'm not able to grab any more potions. I have 3/4 and it still tells me that "too many objects" line. The same is true for fire grenades. I can't carry more than 3/6. Full health potions work fine. I have 1/2 and still can grab another one.
5- The dog got stuck after getting through a non-solid grate near the beginning of the map. It won't move no matter what I try. I guess it's just bad luck that it ended up there. Screenshot one / Screenshot two
6- At some point there are multiple Polly at the same time in the map. One of them is the one that brings you some pizza slices. The other one is the one that has the bloody apron. And even a third one which is the one carrying meat pies.
7- I didn't respawn after getting killed by an elevator bug (the one in which you jump on a moving elevator and it kills you). The game sent me to the load game screen. That's the only time I died so I don't know if it's related to the elevator kill or happens every time.

P.S.: Dialogs work fine in my game, but the font looks different from other mods that use TS. I think it's too big and clustered in comparison to the others, IMO. Text are still perfectly readable and didn't affect my gameplay, I simply noticed it wasn't like the rest.
Last edited by livid on Sat May 19, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat May 19, 2018 10:20 pm

Thanks livid. :D

The 'big arrows' and the 'elevator death' are known issues in the game. You'll get them in any map. Or not. :lol:

I'll check the potion storage. I increased it as you need plenty. You should also be able the collect cheeses.

The Pollys should disappear once you have spoken to them and are out of sight. I'll check that.

The Graveyard key is not findable until you have uncovered 9 agitators. The last one is in the graveyard.
8 agitators are in fixed positions. One is a civilian in plain sight but it can be anybody. Sometimes he/she is
obvious but sometimes not. There are several clumps of them. You must have the Black Sword in hand. It will
glow when one is close, but you have to stand in front of them and wait a few seconds. ** Not too close as you
can get stuck and be unable to kill them.

One of the fixed ones is quite well hidden. Talk to Brian. :wink:

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Sat May 19, 2018 10:27 pm

The dog can get stuck now and then. The problem is that he has a long, thin 'footprint' and the
collision sphere doesn't fit his shape. If I increase it he doesn't get stuck but he can't fit though
narrow doorways. I left him in as he is quite good fun when he does work. :D
btw. His health recharges when he bites someone.

cieply
Dragon

loading errors

Postby cieply » Sun May 20, 2018 2:08 am

It's rather late so all I'm going to do now is to send just list of errors during loading although some will duplicate with already sent.
Attachments
PeasantsRevolt.loading-console.errors.gz
PeasantsRevolt.loading-console.errors.gz
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

Return to “Severance BoD: Modding Community”