queen's sword

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

bodfan
Dragon

queen's sword

Postby bodfan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Which one is better for the knight, queen's sword or elf sword? queen'sword has worked wonder for my dwarf, at least during 2 espisodes "fortress of Nemrut" and "Salatuwar fortress", it actually saved my dwarf when his hit points was very low. One time, it gained him 1000 hit points from one orc.

I like to try it with the knight, but unfortunately I discarded it earlier.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:55 pm

Each character has a 'dream' weapon. For the Knight this is the Elf Sword. Three hits for the same energy. I would keep it until you can get hold of a Simitar.

The Queens sword is good, but some maps have a lot of skels/zombies which you cannot steal life from. Orcs don't have many life points to really make it with it unless you are desperate. Mino's are best for draining. Walking potions.[;)]

*other dream weapons:

Barb - Long Sword
Amz - Axe Spear
Dwarf - War Hammer

immor7al
Whelp

Postby immor7al » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:01 pm

Amen to that.Personally i always keep the Elfsword because of the accurate combo strikes and with two or three dodges you can surprise the enemy like lightening and finish them in no time.The benefits of the Queen's sword are that you can make combos by combining attack moves and don't loose much energy and of course steal blood,but having in mind that the sword don't do a lot of damage it can take you some time to defeat non-organic enemies.But it's all up to the one who welds the weapon (no matter what weapon it is [:D] )

bodfan
Dragon

Postby bodfan » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:50 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Each character has a 'dream' weapon. For the Knight this is the Elf Sword

*other dream weapons:

Barb - Long Sword
Amz - Axe Spear
Dwarf - War Hammer<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I agree, those are great weapons until you get to level 16. Then, they all become too weak for use. The next weapon for the knight must be the scimitar, but I don't think that it is as manageable as the elfsword at close encounter, especially against more monsters. As for barb, the long sword can be replaced easily by double-edge/iceaxe nicely. I am still looking for a good spear to replace the Axe Spear for Zoe. The war hammer of the dwarf can be replaced easily by queensword/killeraxe(biting axe).

I am now in the Oasis of Nejeb. [8D]

Lord William
Whelp

Postby Lord William » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:05 am

An old post from the past (Can't link cause it's gone)...

Lord William
Posted - 24 May 2004 : 02:35:22
I did a little study to determine how much health is regained by using the Queensword's Vampire Attack. The study was done similar to the "Relative Combo Damage Statistics". The Knight and the Dwarf stats were obtained using "Direct Map" to the Shalatura Map. The Queensword was their Swords & More Weapon with a strength of about 110 at a Character Level of 11.

For the Barbarian and Amazon, the Queensword can not be used as a S&M weapon so I had to use a save game from the Island of Karum in which the characters have the Queen Sword. The weapon strength was about 115 with the Character at Level 12 so it wasn't too far off from the Knight and the Dwarf.

First I used S&M to create an Orc and I let him carve the character up a bit to get the health down. Then I created a Minotaur (frozen) and carved him up with the Vampire combo (10 or more combos) to get the character's health level back up. The values below are calculated as the (final health - initial health) divided by the number of combos.

The Results:
(Average Health Gain per Successful Vampire Combo)
Knight------- 90
Dwarf ------ 170
Amazon ----- 210
Barbarian -- 215

As with the Relative Damage Combos, the Queensword's Health Bonus is worth more to the Characters for whom the Queensword is not their natural weapon.

-LW

MajorN
Posted - 24 May 2004 : 11:29:27
You're really a fan of the Queen Sword LW .

Have you ever tryed to use the Vampire Sword (the one used by the Vampire Demon)? With this weapon you gain Health with every single hit?

The bad thing is that you can't perform special "Red" combos with it.
Edited by - MajorN on 25 May 2004 16:54:12
Go to Top of Page

prospero
Master Dragon
Posted - 25 May 2004 : 14:05:04
One prob with the Vampire Sword is that you loose health very gradually as long as you carry it. The Vamp shields are better (if you can get one), but they don't last very long.
I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm allright nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

MajorN
Posted - 25 May 2004 : 16:53:38
I can get the Vampire Sword and Vampire Shields in Dal Gurak's Tower.

Really the Vampire Sword decrease gradually your health? Cool, I didn't Know that .

caravel
Posted - 25 May 2004 : 19:24:34
It drains health at short intervals, much like the staff in Al Farum heals you at simliar intervals. It's not a sword either, I know thats obvious even though it's named the "Blood Sword" but if you try to use it with knight he wields clumsily it as if he were using one of the dwarves axes.

Lord William
Posted - 26 May 2004 : 02:39:48
MajorN - I do like the QS!!! (Mainly because of the Health bonus, although that doesn't matter in the later levels where most of the characters are not living)

I hadn't ever used the Necromancer's Blood "Sword(?)" so I fired up Ironlord's Direct Map and warped to Dal Garak's Level as the Knight (With the QS of course). I slogged away to the Armory and got the Blood Sword (Axe). Using the same method as for the relative damage, etc. I created a Minotaur and whacked away for a while.

The health bonus was about 15 points per cut - not much. Like MajorN says - No red trailed combos. I also noticed the health deduction noted by Prospero - it wasn't much, but it was there. The Blood Sword has a weapon level of 128 so it isn't a powerful weapon in and of itself.

It looks like the Health bonus for the Queensword is affected by the weapon strength. When you warp to this level, the character is at Level 18 and the S&M weapon has a strength of 812. I tried a couple Vampire combos on a Minotaur to see what the health bonus was. Unfortunately, I only got a couple of trials as BOD crashed (unfortunately I hadn't saved so I'll have to start again at the beginning of the level). Based on the two trials, the health bonus was about 600 points as compared to 90 for the Level 11 Knight.

I'm wondering if the Dwarf could use the Blood sword as it is a one handed axe.

-LW

prospero
Posted - 26 May 2004 : 04:00:01
I once had a bit of a doodle with the vamp sword. With a bit of code-tweaking you can make it behave like a true weapon: carry it in the inventory and use it properly. Even got it two-handed for the barb at one point.... One problem is that the model does not appear to have a
'back' anchor, so when you try to stow it it will just hover about in the air and come back to you when you draw it.
I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm allright nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

bodfan
Dragon

Postby bodfan » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:13 am

I love queensword for the dwarf. It's almost perfect against orcs and trolls. How much damage it can inflict by a single special? I have no idea but the way it moves left and right, left and right... how many times, I have no idea either. But once my dwarf killed an orc with a single special and gained no less than 1000 hit points. [8D]

I haven't read about the use of queensword for the other characters( knight, barb, amazon ), so if you have the experience, please post it.

gadunz
Dragon

Postby gadunz » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:54 pm

Install Drain code change on Barbs slaying sword as hes crap with 1 handed weapons

mikros
Dragon

Postby mikros » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:38 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bodfan</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Each character has a 'dream' weapon. For the Knight this is the Elf Sword

*other dream weapons:

Barb - Long Sword
Amz - Axe Spear
Dwarf - War Hammer<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I agree, those are great weapons until you get to level 16. Then, they all become too weak for use. The next weapon for the knight must be the scimitar, but I don't think that it is as manageable as the elfsword at close encounter, especially against more monsters. As for barb, the long sword can be replaced easily by double-edge/iceaxe nicely. I am still looking for a good spear to replace the Axe Spear for Zoe. The war hammer of the dwarf can be replaced easily by queensword/killeraxe(biting axe).

I am now in the Oasis of Nejeb. [8D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Tukaram's Long Sword is great when you find it, but yeah, it gets old quite soon. Once you get a bigger sword you'd better wield it and use the general special moves like <b><i>left-attack+left-attack</i></b> or <b><i>attack+cancelled-into-up+attack</i></b>. For me, his best weapon by far is the Rhino Club; it's a wonderful 1-hit-killer when you cancel the first part of its combo, and I even found Tukaram to be almost as good as Zoe by some parts of the game thanks to it. I'd only use his last sword when I need to kill slow enemies with over 15000hp.

For Zoe, the Axe Spear is enough, actually. It can take weak enemies easily, and it's not a problem to use repeatedly on stronger ones since you can totally outmaneuver that kind of foes. Crash Bo is nice for those biggest foes, specially golems, so you may want to try it. Then, the Heavy Naginata may not seem too good because of short reach and multi-part combo, but it's golden if you start it from a distance and cancel into the third part as the enemy gets into range (conveniently, you'll fight lots of dark knights by that part of the game, so you can calmly wind up with the 2nd part and trigger the 3rd for the kill when you see the opening). Finally, you'll slice'n dice everything with the Demon Spear.

You'll often find yourself using two weapons. One for general use and the other for big damage. Or maybe depending on your enemy's armor.

Edward Sassenach
Whelp

Postby Edward Sassenach » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:23 pm

I've found out that the best weapon for the class is the one whose combo is easiest and quickest for you to execute,I mean there're many great combos,
but you must think of situation when it is crowded and the long excellent combo might just be your downfall for you won't be able to execute it due the stabs of opponents or obstacles which would interrupt it,so straitword and immediate combo would be the best.
Of course there're dozens of factors for player to consider:
great damaging combos which drain you
or less damaging which allows you to keep stamina longer
crushing damage type against skeletons
or slashing against fleshy opponents
with the time your level of expertize allows you even
to choose combos which are liked by you for the way they are executed
or by entertaining effects they cause.

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”