Hi folks.

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

IronLord
Whelp

Hi folks.

Postby IronLord » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi folks. Can anyone remember me? It's me - the creator of mods like Swords&More or maps like AngelSteel.

I'm really pleased that this forum still exists. I came across BOD videos on youtube and got remembered the good auld times.

BOD ist still the best game of its kind and one of the best games ever!

Can't remember when I have dealt with BOD the last time. Think it was in December 2004 with Dal Gurak's Dungeon being my last project. I have been playing EverQuest II since and I almost have forgot everything about mapping and pythoning [:0] Maybe it needs a refresh to bring up all the skills and knowledge [:D]

Jolaes
Whelp

Postby Jolaes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:52 pm

Hail to you IronLord!

...been a while hasn't it? [:)] Of course you are remembered around here; you carved a niche for yourself in the stone hall of BoD heroes [8)]

I used to have great fun with Theoden's Tomb and S&M... hope you might squeeze in some time for another Bod mod, whatever it might be...

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:41 pm

Hi IronLord.[:)]

Just can't keep away can you? [8)]

IronLord
Whelp

Postby IronLord » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:31 pm

Just found a worthy sequel to BOD. Elveon. You may want to google for it or have a look at youtube.com. Really amazing and promising!
o_O

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:51 am

Been looking out for Eleveon for a while now. A few articles I've found suggest that the developers are having financial problems.[B)] The official website has shrunk to just a logo. Things don't look good.

Hope it not become another 'Nightfall Dragons'.[:(]

Ianna Keeper
Dragon

Postby Ianna Keeper » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:56 pm

It is not possible for me to forget S&M's developer [:)].good to see you here.

esfumato
Dragon

Postby esfumato » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:37 pm

Elveon is now being developed by climax group. wait and see.
Iron lord I have some desings for some "mini games" for BOD. are you with strength to try to do it?

Them are mini games to use the Bow, I love to shoot with the bow but the normal gameplay don't allow you to use it frequently.

IronLord
Whelp

Postby IronLord » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:33 pm

I am completely out of the game. Haven't touched it since December 2004. Not because I don't want to have to do anything with it... it just happened.

And I forgot almost everything about mapping and coding. I would even have to research how everything has to be installed and configured (concerning mapping/editing). [:(]

I also spend my whole computer time with EverQuest II (raiding).

Though I somehow wish I could restore my BOD-editing-setup and all my skills and knowledge with a finger snap.

Nevertheless the my fragmented Python remnants were helpful creating maps for Armed Assault (really awesome game!).

Lord William
Whelp

Postby Lord William » Sat May 10, 2008 8:30 am

Ironlord,
General MacArther once said "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away" - so too many of the old BoD pioneers have faded away and their posts are trimmed away as the forum archives are purged to make room for new stuff. I've often wondered where you'd gone. Sword's and More is still my favorite BoD Mod. Best Wishes.

-LW

Vasja
Dragon

Postby Vasja » Fri May 16, 2008 1:08 am

They have gone to Walhalla, sen'or.

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”