How do you drop a bow in Fugitive mod?

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

elkston
Hatchling

How do you drop a bow in Fugitive mod?

Postby elkston » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:43 am

I realize that dropping the bow is not possible in vanilla BoD. But it has been posted that prospero was able to enable bow dropping in his Fugitive mods.

I have never gotten to this work, however. In the Fugitive I, I found the Medium Bow after having the Light Bow in my inventory. I tried again and again to drop the light bow but to no avail. I eventually gave up.

In fugitive 2 I learned my lesson and did not pick up the light bow when it was first offered. Instead I waited until a bit later when I found the medium bow.

Now, in F3, again I can get the light bow. I am tempted to pick it up, but since I can't guarantee it will be dropped I want to wait again.

Can anyone tell me how exactly you drop a bow in these mods? Using either the shield or weapon drop/throw commands do not work.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:33 am

The drop bows feature is not implemented in Fugitive mods. I only found out how to do it later....[8)]
But in actuality there is little difference in the damage done using a med or heavy bow. I did some code to make the arrow damge better. You may have noticed that arrows do a lot of damge in the early levels but are next to useless later on. The new code sets the arrow damage according to the users level and is also multplied x2 for the medium bow and x3 for the heavy. Also switches off the shadows cast by the lights in the fire arrows so that you use more without a huge performance hit. This code is in FI and III, but nor FII.

The drop bow feature only works in ProsperoArena1 and 3 and Dwarf Wars. btw. The bow is carried in the left hand, so you need to use the same keystrokes as dropping shields.[;)]

elkston
Hatchling

Postby elkston » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:05 am

Thanks for the info, Prospero.

Quick question then. I just finished helping the dwarf defend his Inn. I woke up in the morning and now have the Light bow available for me. Will I have to use a bow for any puzzles or quests between now and when I can find a Medium Bow?

In other words, can I pass up the light bow for a while without adversely affecting progress in the mission?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:51 am

There is a situation just further on that needs a bow. There is one available later just in case, but you risk getting your head bashed in to get it. Get the one in the inn. It's easier.[:p]

I can show you how to change it to a medium or heavy, but it will need a bit of file editing and you will have to start agian from the begining.[:)]

Lord William
Whelp

Postby Lord William » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:05 am

Here is an old thread about dropping bows:

http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/topic.a ... IC_ID=2108

-LW

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”