Game runs extremely fast on xp.

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Stiler
Whelp

Game runs extremely fast on xp.

Postby Stiler » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:14 am

I have read over a similar topic releating to laptops with this problem but I'm having this on my desktop running XP.

I'm running XP with:

E8400
2gb ram
9800gx2

No matter what I try the game just runs in a fast state like someone's kicked it into fast forward.

I've tried running it in compatability mode with 98/me, etc. I've tried setting the affinity to use only a single core of the cpu instead of both, turning on/off various video card things like AA/V-sync, etc and nothing fixes it.

Anyone else have this problem and get around it?

Vasja
Dragon

Postby Vasja » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:05 am

Stiler
Whelp

Postby Stiler » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Yeah I read through those and can't find anything like that in my nvidia control panel or anywhere, nothing abot power saving or dynamic boost or anything.

edit - ok I got my cpu running at full prior to launching the game and it runs at normal speed.

However the mouse movement is all laggy, like trying to turn with the mouse and what not doesn't feel smooth or fast, I tried turning up the speed in the options for the x/y both to higher and it's still quite laggy feeling.

Lord William
Whelp

Postby Lord William » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:15 am

Another old thread from the depths of the dungeon of Archived posts:
Guide to Running BoD on Notebooks

http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/topic.a ... IC_ID=1971

-LW

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”