A question about the LED

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

Sryml
Dragon

A question about the LED

Post by Sryml »

Hello, everybody!I have a question, I would like to create a slide area in the LED, And then use it to achieve an organ doors, but I do not know how to create the slide area, please tell me how to do, thank!Ah...By the way, I'm sorry, my English is very bad! :?
Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0SHO ... P3FdZLWzpQ

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Re: A question about the LED

Post by prospero »

The sliding areas are created using code, but you do have to arrange them in a certain way in the LED to work properly.

The adjacent sectors surrounding the slide sector should have edges that match the slide sector and are continuous with no vertices inserted.

The code is quite complex. Best to use the code in the Doors.py module to handle it. It has all the built in functions and timers to set speed, displacement, etc. You can also set the speed to be non-linear so that it starts slow, accelerates and then decelerates.

If you aren't sure of anything, try to find a similar slide sector in the game and adapt the code from that.

Welcome to the Forum btw. :D

Sryml
Dragon

Post by Sryml »

So! Thanks for your point. After a few hours of the try, I was finally successfully created an gear of the door. :D Indeed!The relevant code is not simple!
Oh! Perhaps I have a few questions to figure out: to create a slope in the LED, then entered the game to load my map, the protagonist go up the slopes to slide down,but some slopes do not see this happen! Whether this is related to the inclination of the slope? There is, why I use the weapons to attack the walls will not produce spark? :roll:
BTW, maybe my English is difficult to understand.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

Yes, there seems to be an pre-set angle where the character will slide. You can override this by defining the sector with the slope in:

Code: Select all

slippysect1=Bladex.GetSector(x,z,y) # give coords of a point somewhere within the sector. 

slippysect1.TooSteep=1 #
1 will force a slippage on the floor of the sector even if it is flat. 0 will make it un-slippy. (I think) :)

Sryml
Dragon

Post by Sryml »

prospero wrote:Yes, there seems to be an pre-set angle where the character will slide. You can override this by defining the sector with the slope in:

Code: Select all

slippysect1=Bladex.GetSector(x,z,y) # give coords of a point somewhere within the sector. 

slippysect1.TooSteep=1 #
1 will force a slippage on the floor of the sector even if it is flat. 0 will make it un-slippy. (I think) :)
Thank you for your answer! :D