BOD Audio system

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

matas55
Whelp

BOD Audio system

Postby matas55 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:17 pm

Hello :)
Does anyone know which sound system provides best sound quality and surround effect?

The only ones that work for me are:
RAD Game Tools RSX 3D Audio
Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio
DirectSound3D 7+ Software - Pan and Volume
DirectSound3D Software Emulation

So I tested all that worked on gladiator map - "The castle of doom" using stereo Pioneer headphones.
I am not audio engineer but as I understand 3D audio has X, Y and Z axis. To me all audio settings seem to be 2D. As an example, I cannot know whether sounds come from above me, below me, or from the same level. So in that map I stand next to those stairs and I cant tell if lich is above me or not. Sometimes I can't tell from which side orc is coming.

I couldn't tell if there's any difference between all settings except for Miles Fast 2D. I think it sounds worst. It seems to have very few audio channels (few simultaneous sounds) and it almost mutes one speaker while the other is at full volume.

I think in theory Creative Labs EAX should provide best surround sound but if I select it game doesn't load past intro.

And what exactly does "Pan and Volume" do?

So does anyone feel any difference between different settings?

matas55
Whelp

Re: BOD Audio system

Postby matas55 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:12 am

So did anyone figure out which setting provides best audio quality and overall experience?

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”