Blade still alive?

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Blackbeard
Dragon

Re: Blade still alive?

Postby Blackbeard » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Win7 64-bit, 560Ti Nvidia card.

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:32 pm

The nglide website says Blade + patch 1.001 is playable, no idea why you're having issues with the map screen :(
Mods: http://daniel.brayforum.com/blademods

"The only solution is to solve the whole mystery, and return home as soon as possible."

Blackbeard
Dragon

Postby Blackbeard » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:54 pm

neither do i

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:47 pm

Playing Naglfar now, should I have taken the Biting Axe in the start level? I never got too far with him before.

"The only solution is to solve the whole mystery, and return home as soon as possible."

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:18 pm

As Harrison disappeared, can you help me in this post ? :roll:

http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=3970

I'm searching all information to create characters

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:50 pm

As Harrison disappeared, can you help me in this post ? :roll:

http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=3970

I'm searching all information to create characters
Hi, I don't really know a lot about BOD models and animations but I did manage to make some new enemies in 3DMax 2.5 (a rusty robot and a large spider with dragon's head). I just used the bod exporter to convert the models and animations for BOD. Prospero has done a lot of work with models so he probably knows a lot more.
What is your main problem getting new characters to work?

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi,

Its like, i cant find a clear tutorial on how to make the stuff. I found the tutorial (the one badly traducted from spanish) but they explain like
they just remind something already explained before :S . Basically, Harrison was working with a kind of .dae importer. He managed to import one of my character and did a youtube video but he vanish after.

DO YOU KNOW what will be terrific ?? A kind of naked generic character in .blend format , with everthing fixed with the bone system, rigged, right the number of polygons , the 3 mesh ststem. Make sure that the character can be propely exported to 3ds max 2.5 and explain all in a clear tutorial.
As lot of people know Bender but dont have time to mess with an old 3dsmax and dark BOD system. THIS WILL be very CLEVER :) . Blender artist can distort the generic character, repaint the texture and even recreate some new animations if you propose them in a .blend file.

I know its kind of work, but if we want to keep alive the modding of this game, this could be the most efficient way.

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:53 pm

As lot of people know Bender but dont have time to mess with an old 3dsmax and dark BOD system

I know its kind of work, but if we want to keep alive the modding of this game, this could be the most efficient way.
I don't know enough about blender or 3dsmax to work on an import/export tool. It seems easier to just learn some 3dsmax2.5 and work with that, if you have blender experience it shouldn't take long to get the hang of 3dsmax.

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:41 pm

No no , not plugin :| Read again

just a generic character in blender :mrgreen:

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:06 am

No no , not plugin :| Read again

just a generic character in blender :mrgreen:
I can't help you with that, no blender experience.

I just finished the game with Naglfar for the first time and I'm surprised how easy it was towards the end. The first few levels were really tough and the Great Orcs carved me up a lot, but once I got decent weapons it was ok. The Dwarf's 'Queen's Sword' combo and 'Ice Hammer' combo are really powerful so I only used those two weapons right up to getting Ianna's Sword.
I have to play Zoe now, to complete the set :)

Blackbeard
Dragon

Postby Blackbeard » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:34 pm

finished with barb, starting knight.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi SR and welcome back to the fold. :D

I've done a lot of character models using NeverwinterNights models. They work well in BOD. I'm a bit ring-rusty though. TPTPT did some great max scripts that automate the tedious work.

I only ever made one scratch model in the RAS method - that is one continuous mesh rather than separate limbs and wotnot. That was the Lego Man which was in a demo map. He was really just an experiment really. His movements were Golem-based and he generates Lego bricks which he chucks at you.

The main thing is to keep the poly count down. The skill is to make the character look detailed using the absolute minimum number of polys. No use spending hours on incredibly detailed meshes as they will just crash the game.

I have a few mostly complete maps that I have been faffing around with for years. :?

Blackbeard
Dragon

Postby Blackbeard » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:55 am

The knight flies through the maps, its so much easier compared to the barbarian, probably cause of the knights much much quicker power combos.

The first character i ever played was the knight and i remember some stuff from my previous playthrough like which weapons have the worst combos and such.
Seems like every other weapon has a good combo (gladius is starter weapon, mace, elf sword etc) while the others has got a shitty combo that only really hits on the last swing (combat sword, heavy mace etc), which is a shame cause the combat sword is one of the best looking weapons in the game and i cant use it cause the combo sucks.

Rocking the elf sword atm with its "Dream" combo, which i remembered beeing one of my fav weapons just because of that 3 hit power combo.

Sir Random
Dragon

Postby Sir Random » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi SR and welcome back to the fold. :D

I have a few mostly complete maps that I have been faffing around with for years. :?
Hi Prospero, it's good to be back playing BoD :D

I also have a map/mod that is quite near completion, needs some enemies and static objects.
I have implemented lots of new stuff like:
Working trains (driven by Orcs)
Player can sail along rivers/waterways on rafts
'Stargate' style teleportation (with rings, etc)
Sea with tide/waves

and some new enemies:
Fire and Poison dragon spiders
Skull knight
Chaos child (uses 2-handed swords + combos)
fire-breathing Dragon
Magneto Golem
Inferno Golem

I intend to try finishing it when I complete BoD with Zoe.
The knight flies through the maps, its so much easier compared to the barbarian
Well, I always thought the Knight was easiest (after Amazon) but I found the Barb and Dwarf to be a lot easier in the second half of the game. Maybe it's because I skipped the Ice Sword :(. I'll have to replay as Knight and try the Ice Sword this time, the Ice weapons are awesome for Barb and Dwarf and I'll be getting the 'Ice Wand' for Zoe this time (I noticed it's sneaky location while playing Dwarf)

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:21 am

Just cranked up BOD again after about 6 months. :D Took a bit of starting but it worked in the end.

Had a quick thrash with the barb. I think it's done so you can get to level 5 if you kill all the enemies. One ork fell off the wooden bridge at the beginning and a skelly killed another one later on. When I got to Tel Halaf I killed three orks and levelled up. Quite good playing after a break as you forget where all the bad guys are. :lol: Didn't get killed too badly.....

Anyway, looking though what mods are installed There seems to be a lot of cool stuff I was doodling about with.

An OGL friendly version of the Wizard map with the fog in the freezer thinned down.

Updated Dal map also with thinned fog.

Follow-on Dal map where he fights the Wizard. And another one after that which is only the bare bones.

A complete game featuring the Wizard where you play all the (slightly altered) maps in reverse sequence taking all your kit and xp with you.

A huge town map where you play the updated villian Vinculanus with new abilities and suppress a rebellion.

Playable Chaos Knight with lots of new stuff.

And the FugitiveIV maps. Part one nearly done - needs a lot of debugging. Part two about 30% done and part three just a basic partial map.

While I try to finish up this stuff I'll post up some screenshots as teasers. :P

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”