Elveon....is alive?

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

sfb
Dragon

Elveon....is alive?

Postby sfb » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:37 am

Greetings all,

Just stumbled across this on moddb..

http://www.moddb.com/games/elveon-the-book-of-elves

http://www.elveonthegame.com

"In 2015, after several years of work and preparation, a few members of the original team have succeeded in obtaining all Rights and Assets and give the idea a new beginning."

Hopefully the original combat still remains...if it does then this will be a dream come true.

Cheers,
sfb

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Re: Elveon....is alive?

Postby BODnewbie2 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:27 pm

Good news !

Did they transfer it to a new engine or was it already unreal engine 4 ?

But when i see the video, unfortunaltely, it falls into that stupid style : hack-and-butter-slash :evil: it means that its like ennemies are made of butter and then your sword just goes through with no resistance .. how is it still possible in 2015 to have that non-sense :?

BOD was so cool because you feel really the contact , was slow but epic, doesnt looks like an japonese gothico-emo-kawai final fantasy sissy 10 meters sword game ( and the hero jumps 3x times higher) with lights and flares coming out from no where :mrgreen:

Do you know a open-source game like BOD ?

BODnewbie2
Dragon

Postby BODnewbie2 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Overgrowth has a good physic engine. This game should be the basis of BOD2.

What u think ? :D

sfb
Dragon

Postby sfb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:20 am

It was always in Unreal Engine, I think they're just using the latest version of it to finish the game.

I'm not sure how much more work they have to complete but the earlier combat footage looked really good. It was just the AI that was letting it down, but the footage was from an alpha build.

So hopefully they stay true to their original idea and release something that reflects the combat they're were aiming for.

cheers,
sfb

Haraldzz
Dragon

Postby Haraldzz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:49 pm

I find it awkward that I had never heard of this game before, but the footage of the player wielding a 2 handed sword seemed pretty BOD-like. Will probably keep an eye on this, but it looks nowhere near to be finished.

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Postby prospero » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:47 pm

Pleased to see this project has been revived. The graphics are stunning. The only thing that I don't like is the little health bars hovering above the characters heads. Very distracting IMHO and spoils the whole experience.

SFBX

Postby SFBX » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:17 pm

It's a very early Unreal 4 demo, so hopefully they're just place holders. Also there's some new footage on their Moddb page posted by a reviewer.
He mentions they might be looking into a kickstarter campaign to finish it. There's another video floating around too showing a glimpse of the in game controls setup.

I asked the devs some questions regarding combat and gameplay. They might not get back to me but apparently they're looking for feedback.

Anyway something to look forward to...

cheers,
sfb

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”