"musica-casa"

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

mezo

"musica-casa"

Postby mezo » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:28 pm

Hello, I found song named "musica-casa" in BoD music folder but I think it is was not used in game. This song have a little different style than the other music but in my opinion it is one of the best tracks. I have a problem because there is just a little part of this track in game folder. Is this music finished or there is not full version of it?

Haraldzz
Dragon

Re: "musica-casa"

Postby Haraldzz » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:54 pm

It's not surprise the game has a lot of files that were never used in the final game. This becomes especially apparent once you start looking through the 3D models, several weapons, shields and even a set of armor (presumably for Sargon the knight). Some of them have textures and everything, some are even ready to be straight put in the game, but for reasons unknown they never made it to the final product.

Regarding this particular sound track, as far as I can tell there is no other "complete" version for it, and may be just a relic from the beta days being cut with several other parts of the game.

mezo

Postby mezo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:38 am

Thanks for your reply.

Raptor
Whelp

Postby Raptor » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:53 pm

As a modder, it's cool to find things like this hidden amid the plethora of files. The funny programmer comments (in Spanish), the unused sound files, the unused weapons, etc. However, this says a lot about the quality of the team back then: They made the game unnecessarily cluttered/heavier/obfuscated.

LaughingSkull2

Postby LaughingSkull2 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:04 am

As a modder, it's cool to find things like this hidden amid the plethora of files. The funny programmer comments (in Spanish), the unused sound files, the unused weapons, etc. However, this says a lot about the quality of the team back then: They made the game unnecessarily cluttered/heavier/obfuscated.
I disagree with your last comment. Unused files are very common for all games.

LaughingSkull2

Postby LaughingSkull2 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:49 am

In case anyone's interested where the music's taken from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e7hQJdYVYs

mezo

Postby mezo » Tue May 31, 2016 4:01 pm

Finally! I found this track today thanks to this site: http://audiotag.info and wanted to post it in this topic but I see you were almost 3 months faster :)

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”