Who is that? Mysterious character?

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: Ade, prospero

livid
Whelp

Who is that? Mysterious character?

Postby livid » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:46 am

Hello everyone.
I'm really confused right now :? . I have always seen this picture in Mod db but I decided to take a closer look this time. Look at the circled character.

He is a bit blurry but I don't remember any character that looks like that. I have finished the game and its mods countless times and I've never seen such character. Maybe it's because of the blurriness and my memory is failing me, but I just can't. The only thing that comes to mind is a new character that sneaked in the pic somehow. He kinda looks like a wrestler :o
Who is he?

(Here is the original one anyways: http://media.moddb.com/images/articles/ ... ndango.jpg)

Blackbeard
Dragon

Re: Who is that? Mysterious character?

Postby Blackbeard » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:57 am

Can't really tell, the resolution is a bit too low, i also wonder about that demon thingy in the lower left corner of the pic, don't think i've seen that one before, unless its from either the dwarf or amazon's first maps.

On topic: It could be an unused character from earlier development seeing as the title on the picture is (the now changed title):
"Blade: the Edge of Darkness"

From top to bottom (dont remember the correct names):

1. Dragon
2. Abyss Demon, Golem (bronze), Chaos Knight, "Last Boss", "Summoner/necromancer boss", fleshling (tiny one on stone), "blood demon", Minotaur.
3. Mummified Zombie, Vampire, ????, Dark Knight, troll.
4. ????, Barbarian, Dwarf, Amazon, Knight, Orc, Spider, Big Orc, ZombieKnight (or quite possible traitor knight, but his pose suggest the former)

cieply
Dragon

Postby cieply » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:59 pm

God one knows - looks like a knight with different skin, maybe it's some mod specific monster/character? Which mod on moddb have you found this picture?
l'aria fresca,
vino puro, ...

livid
Whelp

Postby livid » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:20 am

@Blackbeard
The creature in the lower left is a Salamander, an enemy that didn't make it to any of the original maps. They can be found in mods, though, such as Fugitive I. IIRC they were supposed to be found in Forge of Xshathra where you find the fire sword for the barbarian.
I don't think that it is a picture from the development of the game because that name is actually the Spanish final name for the game.

@cieply It's not from a mod. No idea where it originally comes from. You can find the image here: http://www.moddb.com/games/severance-blade-of-darkness
The last article before "Related Files", called "Severance: Blade of Darkness Community Is Still Alive!." You can't see the picture anymore once you click on the article, so that's why I didn't give a direct link.
Last edited by livid on Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Blackbeard
Dragon

Postby Blackbeard » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:22 am

i see

Return to “Severance BoD: Help / Game Discussion”