An other one like Severance

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: prospero, Ade

Crawdaddy79
Dragon

Post by Crawdaddy79 »

Nobody wants to download the Conan demo? [:(]

It has '0' hits so far...

Dr.Haggard
Whelp

Post by Dr.Haggard »

Hi Craw, I downloaded it from 3DGamers the other day. Quite impressed, though having spoken to the devs on the XBox forum it's a shame to hear that this was only ever meant as a press preview, and never for the public. Someone at the publisher cocked up basically, and it's awful that many people will judge the game based on this.

As for the game, well it shows a lot of potential. The camera needs work and the character movement controls are pretty terrible (pressing backwards doesn't make him walk backwards, he turns around and the camera swings around after him), plus the character animations are pretty awful too...however, on the whole I think it seems pretty good.

There are quite a few combat moves available in the demo if you experiment enough with different buttons, but because of there being no target lock or strafe combat is never really very enjoyable (although the way you can handle multiple enemies is quite good, using the direction keys to switch opponents allowing you to string together attacks).

It's also got a nice atmosphere, using music from the movies and good ambient sound effects etc.

I certainly intend to get it for either PC or XBox when it comes out - multiplayer looks like fun if nothing else.

Ralo
Whelp

Post by Ralo »

Hi Craw,

I would download it, but 133MB? I get limited time on my work's broadband (modem connection at home). I just think it's better to wait for a demo on a cover-mounted CD Rom from one of the PC mags (or XBox). But thanks for drawing this game to my attention.

Are you aware of Knights of the Temple? This one's from Starbreeze (Enclave I and (soon) Enclave II). No demo yet, though - infact not a lot of noise from Starbreeze at all, just a few previews in UK Games TM magazine - but it does look v. promising, for fans of BoD. Time will tell...

Ralo [:D]

klawz
Whelp

Post by klawz »

I've seen a trailer for Knights of the Temple and it looks promising.

Dr.Haggard
Whelp

Post by Dr.Haggard »

Knights of the Temple went gold yesterday - not sure if it's the XBox or PC version, or both. No news on release dates yet.

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

The current issue of Official Xbox Magazine has a few screenshots of Knights of the Temple in it (GTAIII/Vice City cover). They stated a release date but I can't remember exactly what it was and I don't have the magazine here at work. I think it was either February or April but don't quote me on that.

Edit: The official site also states they are aiming for a 1st quarter release.

Dr.Haggard
Whelp

Post by Dr.Haggard »

www.tothegame.com lists a 26th of March UK release, www.gamesplanet.co.uk lists it as February 13th and game.uk.com has it down as April 9th, hehe. For anyone here who's in the US (Craw for one) a publisher has yet to be confirmed for your part of the world.

I suspect none of those retailers have been given any new info since the game went gold last night, so it's anyones guess atm, plus we still don't know if any versions other than the XBox version have actually gone gold yet.

I'm just going to buy the first version that comes out, Starbreeze fanboy (and XBox owner) that I am [:)]

Crawdaddy79
Dragon

Post by Crawdaddy79 »

Thanks guys for trying the demo out. [:)]

I played it and was ..erm.. not blown away.. I hope they really improve Conan's model. He looks like he's made up of colored toiletpaper rolls. The combos were pretty cool, and how you earn more lives is a good concept as well..

But either way, since this is a beta release that I should have never played, I'll hold off any negativity that comes up.

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gorgon2</i>

I think it was either February or April but don't quote me on that.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Checked the magazine last night and it was February 2004. I'll believe it when I see it.

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

Hey Craw,
I've downloaded the Conan demo, but right after the avertising of TDK Mediactive I got that messge coming out: Unable to initialize scene renderer: -102... And I quite the game... :-(
Have ya seen this probleme allready, and can somebody help me?

Crawdaddy79
Dragon

Post by Crawdaddy79 »

Hey Cyco, yes I have.

I saw it on my laptop, which pretty much told me that I could not play it on there. [:(] On that thing I run an ATI 340M IGP which is basically a watered down original Radeon (it gets a whopping 1500 3D Marks (2001SE))... Unfortunately I did not find a workaround for it... All I could do was transfer it to my desktop (9700Pro) and it ran fine from there.

If you are on dial-up, then I sincerely apologize for the waste of time this has caused you.

Crawdaddy79
Dragon

Post by Crawdaddy79 »

Enclave now has a level editor available..

Anybody recognize that name?

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/enclave/

Dr.Haggard
Whelp

Post by Dr.Haggard »

Hehe, rumbled [:)]

It was a pretty low key release, only on the official Enclave forum at TeamXBox AFAIK - a belated christmas present for the fans which they'd been promising us. I thought it deserved some more publicity so I emailed bluesnews, and Frans @ 3D Gamers picked it up too.

FYI, if anyone's interested, the official page for Ogier is at http://www.o3games.com/sbz/EN_PlainPage.asp?id=2215, and they've set up a forum at http://forum.starbreeze.com/.

It's a very nice editor, I've been playing around with it but not got to the point of actually making anything yet. I thought about trying to copy a BoD level just for fun, or at least a section of one (for survival style play rather than as a linear story type map). Enclave's combat gameplay may not be up to BoD's standard (although I do have a lot of fun on its survival levels), but it's a gorgeous engine.

I can't wait for KotT and Enclave 2.

mersil
Whelp

Post by mersil »

i am downloading the Conan Demo now. It looks very promising..

http://www.conangame.com/en/screenshots.html

mersil
Whelp

Post by mersil »

yes ! Knights Of The Republic looks Promising also...

http://www.knightsofthetemple.com/screenshots.php