An other one like Severance

Blade of Darkness general discussion and game help forum. Discuss anything related to Severance / BoD (except modding, use the forum below) Note: Possible spoilers!

Moderators: prospero, Ade

yak
Whelp

Post by yak »

You could get 'Die by the Sword' demo at interplay.com store.

http://ftp.interplay.com/pub/demos/dbtsdemo.zip

However, there's a credible rumor going around that Interplay is about to go bankrupt so you better d/l fast if you want. It's an old game so I don't think it can compete with today's games when it comes to graphic.

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

KotT is a really good game, but even if you take the hardest level, it takes you only a couple hours to reach the last level!!!

marcusparcus
Hatchling

Post by marcusparcus »

Just thought I'd add my two penneth worth. Been playing KotT for a few days now and have to say it's excellent, very addictive. Still don't think it will ever replace BoD though.

Guilty Bystander
Hatchling

Post by Guilty Bystander »

I've read a lot of negative reviews on BOD. I like to read those reviews in a Mickey Mouse voice. Trust me - it's a lot of fun.[:D]

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

Hey guys,
I've read some articles about "Forgotten Realms, Demon Stone" and so far it looks damn good!!! You should go see the movir trailer on http://www.gametrailers.com/vault-f3.html.
Enjoy...

Egrimm van Horstmann
Hatchling

Post by Egrimm van Horstmann »

Hello,

I think you can't compare it with BoD, because in the Trailer you see one, only ONE, hero who is surrounded by 20 enemies and he is alive!
And watch at the end of the Trailer, it is onliy for PS2.
I think it is another stupied button-smashing-hack and slay-bull****[xx(]

cyco
Dragon

Post by cyco »

I didn't compare it to Bod... They're is no game that can be comprable to it! But I wouldn't so far as calling it a stupied button-smashing-hack and slay-bull****!!!! Anyway, you got 3 differants caracteres to choose and I thing it looks more like The Lords of the Rinds.
Ho, one more thing... What's the probleme with the PS2?

prospero
Ancient Dragon

Post by prospero »

I have had reports of Thief3, and seen a clip on TV. What's more it seems to be in 3rd-person perspective. [8D]

Crawdaddy79
Dragon

Post by Crawdaddy79 »

It can be third person.. but by default first.. (you can choose.. much like in BoD).

I played the demo.. And I liked it, save for the especially poor performance... It uses the Deus Ex: Invisible War engine.

Gorgon2
Whelp

Post by Gorgon2 »

Thief 3: Apparently there's a nasty bug in it. If you save a game and return to it, all enemy AI reverts to Normal level, irrespective of whether you were playing on Easy, Normal or Hard beforehand.

I think there is (or is going to be) a patch for it on PC, but the Xbox version has also been released and has the same bug and Microsoft don't allow patching of Xbox games and I've heard no noises about a recall and replacement.

If I get it, it'll be on Xbox as my home PC is still a pile of junk, but I'll wait until they release a fixed version of the game.

In the meantime, I'm saving my pennies for Galleon which has finally been released for Xbox.

nevyn
Hatchling

Post by nevyn »

Prince of persia 2 looks promising.
I liked PoP Sands of time and now they are makeing the combat better and more advanced.

http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/pop2 ... 2/1/061804
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/523/523341p1.html

/Nevyn

nevyn
Hatchling

Post by nevyn »

Carrara
Hatchling

Post by Carrara »

Blade of Darkness is amazing. Before this was Drakan which was amazing. NOW, Enclave comes along and it is in the same genre of game and IS amazing and you dis it like that? omg... play it first.

Enclave was very tactical, I played through both campaigns, and my favorite characters to play were the Druid and the Assassin. Enclave 2 is being developed rightnow, and is bringing Multiplayer Cooperative Campaign (with saves) to the table. I don't know about you, but that's exactly what I wanted out of Drakan and BoD. Both games of which didn't provide in later versions.

So for anyone looking for something as flavourful to play as BoD, you should check out:

Enclave
Knights of the Temple
Gothic
Gothic 2

Simply the most amazing Hack'n'Slashes make it onto my Hard Drive, and that my list of good ones play.

I still have BoD installed, and from time to time, I play just to remind myself that they had it first.

Dr.Haggard
Whelp

Post by Dr.Haggard »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Enclave 2 is being developed rightnow, and is bringing Multiplayer Cooperative Campaign (with saves) to the table<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Sadly Enclave 2 is no more. Starbreeze halted development some time ago due to legal problems with ownership of the name since Swing Entertainment, the original publisher, went out of business.

Enclave 2 could have been great. Hopefully they would have used the opportunity to fix all the things that were lacking in Enclave, like a decent combat system, and include the features they didn't have time to finish for the original, like multiplayer.

Nevertheless, Starbreeze are going from strength to strength (just look at their huge success with the excellent Chronicles of Riddick game), so hopefully they will return to the fantasy hack 'n' slash genre at some point in the future [:)]

Carrara
Hatchling

Post by Carrara »

"Sadly Enclave 2 is no more."

Gafff, noooo... It was too good to be true!

Thx for the update. I guess it's time to start a mod for some Popular MP game that releases the SDK. Maybe HL2 or DoomIII engine? I could see myself working on something like this.