Valley of the Fallen song?

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
Serenity
Hatchling

Valley of the Fallen song?

Post by Serenity »

Hello. I remember a song that played in the game. After you went through the gate to go to the Valley of the Fallen, there is an opening near it leading to the desert where you have to fight several Bone Dragons. The song starts playing as you begin to fight. It was such a beautiful song. I played that area again a few times just to hear it. A man is chanting along with a flute and drums, I believe. Does anyone remember this song? I would really love to have it, but I can't find it anywhere. The only place I could find it on the computer is in a video from MattsGameplay on YouTube. Would anyone be able to help me with this?
Thank you.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The only one I can think of is track 12 (the desert of tears music) on the soundtrack. If I remember rightly this track started playing as you got near to the desert. Unfortunatley I no longer own a PS2 and the game does not run correctly on my european PS3. I wait for a firmware update that will enable full PS2 backwards compatibility on the euro PS3's as the early American PS3's can play Drakan just fine. The firmware update will probably never come though seem as Sony have, in their infinite wisdom, removed backwards compatibility altogether from the newer models of the PS3. Thanks a lot Sony...

Serenity
Hatchling

Post by Serenity »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Arokhs Twin</i>

The only one I can think of is track 12 (the desert of tears music) on the soundtrack. If I remember rightly this track started playing as you got near to the desert. Unfortunatley I no longer own a PS2 and the game does not run correctly on my european PS3. I wait for a firmware update that will enable full PS2 backwards compatibility on the euro PS3's as the early American PS3's can play Drakan just fine. The firmware update will probably never come though seem as Sony have, in their infinite wisdom, removed backwards compatibility altogether from the newer models of the PS3. Thanks a lot Sony...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> Thank you so much! I found your one topic for the Drakan music soundtrack downloads, and you were right, the song is Desert of Tears. I was able to finally get it! Thank you for posting the music! I looked for the soundtrack, but I could never find it.
And that's too bad about the PS3. I did want one, but by the time I was able to get one, they had already taken away the backwards compatibility. I didn't want to get one of the earlier PS3s because everyone kept saying they would break so easily, and I wasn't feeling adventurous enough to spend about 500 or 600$ on something that might break. Now, I have an Xbox 360 and I just wait and hope they fix the BC.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Glad to be of assistance [:)]

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Thanks, AT.