Stirred Dragons?

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
shoprat
Dragon

Stirred Dragons?

Post by shoprat »

I was wondering if was possible to kill dragons as a mage. Not sure because I don't know how powerful the 8th level attacks become. The bows and swords top out between 28 - 32 hp so it seems likely. If someone (Outlaw Wyvern) has an 8th level mage save lying about, how about trying this. Go into the desert at the valley and try to get a dragon kill using the impale spell. I plan on trying after my archer run is complete. I hope to find out what a spinning dragon looks like.

Maybe turn Tora into a Tora-nado.

stirred not shaken

I'll quit now

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Re: Stirred Dragons?

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Of COURSE you can! you will even find it easier in some instances because once locked on, Combust needs no aiming, Soul Steal kinds follows, Fireball is hella-fast, and Lightning arcs from the hip, so to speak. Slow Time, Clone.... You just don't know how versatile you'll be 8^)
MAGE OUT!!!
As for Impale, I just don't recall.
Great way to test would be to save, use the magic cheat three times, then check it out.You just wouldn't have the advantage of the fast refilling mana that usually comes from sinking your points into the Magic skill.
After you find out, use the cheat again to cancel it out... or reload from just before.
"Great Gulgren's Sack!"

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Re: Stirred Dragons?

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Also, for Mages who want to stalk the Bonedragons in Surdana, there's a little rock tunnel/enclosure down on the left side of the pass into the lake area to Khassa Vole's. Very convenient.
They gave you a similar place in the Andrellians to fight Mezzidrel on foot with magic if you want.
"Great Gulgren's Sack!"