Shodowmire swamp trogs

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
chicken stomper

Shodowmire swamp trogs

Post by chicken stomper »

I have played this game many times and it is great. A real PS2 masterpiece. But I have one thing that I have happen when fighting the trogs about half way through the Shadowmire section every time and I don't know what it means. Somewhere about halfway through while in the swamp water there appears a trog that has for a short period of time some sort of red and yellow symbol appear over his head with a number in it (IIRC) right before you attack. It happens a couple of times with a few of the other trogs in the swamp. What is up with that. I have never figured it out and I am curious as to what this means.

Has this happened in anyone else during their game?

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Re: Shodowmire swamp trogs

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Nope, I've never seen that.
The only thing I can think of that even looks similar is the targeting circle that goes from yellow to red as the target sustains damage.
You saw something new! :mrgreen:
"Great Gulgren's Sack!"

chicken stomper

Re: Shodowmire swamp trogs

Post by chicken stomper »

Really? It's a curious thing. I keep thinking I'll get some sort of bonus or something but I never seem to see any result from it. I've played this game over the years at least ten times and IIRC it happens every time. Only in this section and only with these trogs-- and the "symbol"; it doesn't stay there long. Maybe I don't do away with them quick enough--- maybe if I could exterminate them while the symbol is still present something may result…

Thanks for the response. I'm new here on this forum and went searching out someplace where I could ask about this. That's how much this "happening" both bugs me and intrigues me! :?