Rynn Concept Art

Discuss Drakan: The Ancient's Gates with other players (no spoilers please!)
shoprat
Dragon

Rynn Concept Art

Post by shoprat »

I found these early concept pictures of Rynn in a different style of armor. I like the look, seems more clean and Spartan to me. The pix are low resolution unfortunately, but you take what you can find while crusin' the Wayback Machine.

Magic Use
rynn_magic.jpg
rynn_magic.jpg (165.46 KiB) Viewed 9661 times
Exploring a graveyard?
4-14-00a.jpg
4-14-00a.jpg (65.98 KiB) Viewed 9661 times
Rynn with a polearm weapon. Looks good for poking at critters.
4-14-00d.jpg
4-14-00d.jpg (74.89 KiB) Viewed 9661 times
Flattering pic (your call) of Rynn on a ladder.
4-14-00f.jpg
4-14-00f.jpg (63.16 KiB) Viewed 9661 times

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Rynn Concept Art

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The last three look like the screenshots from the PC version of Drakan:TAG when it was known as Drakan2. It was still using the same game engine as OOTF then. Got cancelled and made PS2 exclusive not long after those early screenshots were released.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

DragonDon42
Hatchling

Post by DragonDon42 »

I am partially glad about their decision to scrap the early old PC build of TAG and redo it for the PS2, even though I would love to experience what the old PC build could have ended as.

At-least we got to experience a sequel at all, that being a fantastic PS2 title and one of my all-time favorite games, a shame though that Warner Bros. have acquired the IP, very unlikely that any new Drakan title will ever face the daylight.

Now that we Fans are left in the dark, I'd assume that some miracle would have to happen, a miracle like some hard-core fan winning a huge amount of money to buy the IP off of WB; though that most likely remains nothing but a dream :cry:

Niceratops
Hatchling

Post by Niceratops »

I remember seeing these screenshots a while ago. Honestly i'd love to play the old build of TAG just to see the differences. They seemed to flesh out a lot of the areas before they changed to the ps2 build.

IGN had this screenshot in their article, which im guessing is Surdana, you can also read about more of the development in the devs post-mortem. :)
Attachments
drakan_review_inline_01.jpg
drakan_review_inline_01.jpg (34.48 KiB) Viewed 6900 times