Any idea how the Flesh Mage is killed?

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
Vyrun
Hatchling

Any idea how the Flesh Mage is killed?

Post by Vyrun »

I destroyed some jar with a symbol on it when I was going through those passageways after I tried fighting him, and nothing happened, so I'm guessing it wasn't his soul jar? I got through that little course and now I'm stuck in the room fighting him. I'm stuck. Any hints or something, please?

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

The real Soul Urn is coming. Be patient and look for doors to go thru.

Vyrun
Hatchling

Post by Vyrun »

Dang I'm still lookin', but so far I'm lucky I'm still alive in this room with the Flesh Mage.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

The platform with the mask on it (over the nasty little pool) has a couple of doors beside it. If you've already been through each of them, then you must've come into the room via the balcony and jumped down. If that's the case, use the transporter at the far end of the room to transport back up to the balcony and look for a lever on the right side of the balcony railing. Pull that and see what happens.

Drakans Flame
Whelp

Post by Drakans Flame »

It activates the teloporter it dosn't do anything else

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

If you are at the balcony above the pool, fire an arrow at the rope / cable holding the chandelier to the ceiling and see what happens then; it should release his soul jar. If you have no bow, use magic, lightning works best at destroying the jar. Invunrability potions will also come in handy here.

Drakans Flame
Whelp

Post by Drakans Flame »

cool thanks I've ben trying to kill the Flesh Mage for a while now

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

The lever at the balcony lowers the Chandelier a bit, exposing the rope, which, as Arokh's Twin said, can be targeted and shot with spell or arrow. The teleporter was always active... it's how you got into the Flesh Mage's palace. 8^)

Drakans Flame
Whelp

Post by Drakans Flame »

How am I supposed to target the urn when it keeps moving around?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The urn itself is fairly easy to destroy but you are constantly attacked by the Flesh Mage making it hard. The secret is to keep your weapons lock on it (the yellow ring) when it comes close otherwise it will be near impossible to destroy before the Flesh Mage kills you.

It would help a lot if you use any invunrability and / or invisibility potions to your advantage. You did keep some didn't you? If not, there is at least one invisibility potion in the rooms behind you in one of the urns - smash them all!

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Drakans Flame, are you staying up on the balcony or jumping down to the ground? If you jump down, you can run from the Flesh Mage a lot more easily. There's a spot back by the teleporter where the Urn stops and hovers for a second or two. If you can't get a lock any other time, get it then. Lightning is a good spell to hit it with, and it's the one spell I KNOW you have. If you went for Archery, the Bow of the Order has tracer arrows which will chase the Urn, but if you can't get it with a bow, Magic is your best shot. If you have a few magics, then Combust works well also.

Drakans Flame
Whelp

Post by Drakans Flame »

I had been standing on the balcony, but I took your advice and finally killed the Flesh mage and I ended up beating the game as well.
So thanks for all the help!

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

I'm glad for you, Drakan's Flame. There are a lot of game options out there, but if you're ever wondering, "What should I play today?" and you don't have an answer... Drakan: The Ancients' Gates has AWESOME replay value. There are a lot of weapons you never got a chance to use, and Drakan has excellent environments, and you'll rip thru it in no time because you've already done most of what there is to do.
Archery is a LOT of fun...

PYRO@13
Whelp

Post by PYRO@13 »

OY!!!! I hate that part. ( it gives me the heebejeebes) *shudders*

Navaros Twin
Whelp

Post by Navaros Twin »

Hehe...
What a shame the Flesh Mage wasn't wise enough to join my cause...