help with locations

Stuck? Need a cheat? Post your hints / tips / spoilers here.
dragon18007
Hatchling

help with locations

Post by dragon18007 »

can anyone tell me where this is about, as i have played the game and can't find it.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi, I asked the same question on the Surreal forums ages ago.
Those screenshots are actually from the old PC version of Drakan:TAG that was cancelled a few months into its development. The city in the screenshots is called Aachen which has been renamed to Surdana because there is a city in Germany with the same name. The city of Surdana (Aachen) had to be severley cut down in size due to the memory limitations of the PS2 as you can see from comparing the screenshots to in-game.

AT

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

did'nt they make another city other that they had to cut out? I think it was going to be near "the village" but I'm not sure does anyone know?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yeah, I think so. It was in the entire level that was cut out for various reasons - the level was to be in between the Valley of the Fallen and Stratos.

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

did they replace it with the village?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

No, they cut it out altogether and made slight changes to the levels that went to and from it.

I never managed to understand why the world of Drakan has such a wide environment change in such a short distance; you have snow covered hills near Surdana and about 10 miles away its a scorching desert!
This is probably why - I bet the desert lands were originally planned to be in another part of the world rather than an extention of the Surdana district.

Lady Myschala
Dragon

Post by Lady Myschala »

yeah they cut out a lot because of bugs that I've heard of I think surreal could have fixed more and left a lot more in but it's still a pretty cool game