Encountered a bug when meeting Queen Shilla

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
kenmur
Hatchling

Encountered a bug when meeting Queen Shilla

Post by kenmur »

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me. I'm currently playing drakan order of the flame (which is a great game to play) and I've encountered a possible bug? I meet up with Queen Shilla and after the dialogue/cutscene, we are suppose to fight but she just stands there and continously spins around and I can't seem to defeat her to move on. Is there a patch or a command to resolve this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The Darklord
Dragon

Post by The Darklord »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
That's no bug. That's just the way Shilla is supposed to behave: take-off, fly a bit, and try to smash you under her fatness. Use a big bow and you'll get rid of that nasty bug :)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi, unfortunatley, this is a bug: I have heard of it several times. What happens is that Shilla just spins round and round in the air and you can't kill her no matter how many arrows you fire at her.
The bug seems to be triggered by 'doing the level not as per the walkthrough' if you know what I mean as this bug is mentioned there as well.

The only way around this is reload an earlier save and run through the volcano level as per the walkthrough which can be found on this site. If you have patched to version 445, the game will have autosaved at the start of the volcano level.

If you are still stuck, I might have a save game on an old backup CD somewhere. Let me know if you want it as its amongst a load of junk I need to sort out right now...

kenmur
Hatchling

Post by kenmur »

Thank you for the help/info. I'll restart the level from the beginning and will go through it with the walkthrough. Thanks for the offer for the old saved file that you have. I'll let you know if I need it when I might Queen Shilla again. Hopefully it'll work this time around. Thanks again

The Darklord
Dragon

Post by The Darklord »

Aww... and I was thinking it was Shilla's behaviour... rats.