Recycle inventory items

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
John the Monster
Hatchling

Recycle inventory items

Post by John the Monster »

Hi,

is there any configurable key to throw away armor, weapons or objects you want to get rid of? Those magical crystals that I've never used were specially annoying; maybe if you could activate them with a direct hotkey, like potions... but not, you need empty slots to cycle weapons and crystals, then select the crystal and summon the spell, then select again a weapon... Or that Atimar's sword, you no more need it once you get the powerful stuff.

Thanks,

John the Monster

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Just throw it all away, who needs that stuff!!!! hehe

NO, the crystals are required, to obtain the bell hammer. Its nice to have the energy bow, and quite a few of the swords available for the Ebon Knights. I made a pile of equipment, within alwarren, where you get the first crystal. You end up circling back to the same location so can pickup the equipment again. Keep room for the crystals, and get the bell hammer, then re-equip. Sometimes with the alwarren bug, you can change what items you carry, and then it will not occur.[8D]

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Also, you mention fire crystals, and ice, and maybe lightning crystals. Use them up, on the Giants, knights, wartoks, ya they are a weapon, and as such you need to cycle through to them. But the activate just with your hit button!![8D]

John the Monster
Hatchling

Hi Axe,

I don't mean the six runes you must collect in Alwarren to get the bell hammer, just the fire, ice or lightning crystals.

And the point is, if weapons and other elements can be thrown away... which is the key to do that??? My manual doesn't say anything, nor I can find the option on the in-game menu (NOTE: I've got the spanish version, with manual and game interface translated. By the way, spanish voice for Arokh is really awful; Rynn's voice sounds a bit silly but at least isn't unpleasant to hear).

Please don't laugh: I've already finished the game and the final state of Rynn's inventory includes about 60 health potions and 20 life potions, 5 invisibility potions, 2 invulnerability potions, 20 fire crystals (never used), 10 ice crystals (never used), 5 lighning crystals (never used), the Rift crystal (What is it for? At first I thought it would be merged with Rune blade to make a sort of "combo-weapon", but it just wastes a slot), a damaged armor (4 slots, CAN'T GET RID OF DAMAGED ARMORS AND PICK UP NEW ONES UNTIL THE ELDER IS DESTROYED), Atimar's sword (2 slots, undestroyable and useless), Vampiric sword (3 slots, undestroyable but quite useful), Rune blade (another 3 slots), and several types of arrows and a heavy bow (6 slots in total).

And yes, I've played through the whole game being unable to discard all that crap.

John the Monster
Hatchling

YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS:

After playing for more than a week, I've just discovered that inventory items can be discarded by MOUSE DRAG AND DROP!!! [xx(][xx(][xx(]

You can call me scumbag. Ok, let's try to look on the bright side: now I've got a reason to play it again.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

hehe, and play it on a harder level, will remove some of those health potions, hehe

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I found the fire crystals useful but the ice and lightning ones were next to useless.

The Darklord
Dragon

Post by The Darklord »

I had fun with Lightning Crystals against one of the giants of Islands Night. After that, it just went downhill for them.

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

I always wondered if Surreal set the ice crystal properties bad. Think the damage is 1 or something. *WOOO useful!*

The Darklord
Dragon

Post by The Darklord »

Meh, the Ice Crystal is too defensive in my point of view... now, if the Lightning one could have a better aim, that would be something...

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

It's not too defensive. It's too useless. ;)

The Darklord
Dragon

Post by The Darklord »

tr00, I ended the game without using any of these. But I meant something like "if they touch you they freeze", which is as defensive as one can get; but it was something like the Ring Of Fire in a freeze mode, however...