your drakan II

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
pox
Whelp

your drakan II

Post by pox »

browsing this site i noticed that some of you are programming a new episode of drakan with the quake II's engine,but you aren't talking about it since the end of august.how is it going?would it work on my old pentiumII with 3dfx2?when will we have a demo from your work?
I really thank you for what you are doing,keeping drakan alive on pc after sony put it on PS2 is a really good action

Shiny
Dragon

Post by Shiny »

quake 2 da pwnage
shiny is a dday and kots2k player !
dday da pwnage :D:D

www.planetquake.com/ddc
give it a try if you want :D
(1AD)Shiny is me btw

back to this topic :P
yes good action if it is going to be released some time
if not bad action !
and if you can run quake2 on your pc pox then you could run that to i guess

pox
Whelp

Post by pox »

it is not said,i can run quake 3,but for example call of duty uses the same engine,but needs a pentium 4 and a 128MB video card.
it depends on the number of polygons,the quality of the textures etc...

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

We're still busy working on it. :) It has now departed from Quake2 though - I found Quake2 be too old and weak for the desires I had, so I just started to make a new game from scratch. I know my main site is a bit out of date, I will try to do something about that...

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

What engine are you using now Assassin?

pox
Whelp

Post by pox »

wow,sounds amazing!!!
i was convinced that a non-payed programmer who works on his own wouldn't be able to create nothing more than puzzle-bubble or similar games.now you say that quake II is "too old",this game is going to be incredible...good work!!

The Darklord
Dragon

Post by The Darklord »

lol
I'll be happy if it tops the crappy game on Drakan:TAG's site...
[:P][:D]

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

The current game supports any engine I attach to it, and this applies to every engine, not just the rendering (so the 3D) engines.

Current layout:
*graphics engine: OGRE3D (Irrlicht also supported, but modells are made in OGRE format...)
*sounds engine: OpenAL / FMOD
*physics engine: Newton Game Dynamics

Planned and quite sure members:
*networking layer/engine: RakNet
*GUI engine: CEGUI (Crazy Eddie's GUI)
*AI engine: FEAR

However, due to the nature of my application, I can easily switch any of those without any rewriting needed to my code. Lets me change engines pretty fast and easy. :)

Pox - well, Quake2 IS quite useless as now I see. It's just too outdated and narrow in too many parts to be worthy to work with. Imho, the new engine already supports some things in wider scope than how Quake2 does.
And we are all doing our best to make a good game. I *hope* it will come out as something good in the end though :)
Darklord - well said ;)

Shiny
Dragon

Post by Shiny »

well good somewone works on drakan TAG bcuz i wanne see it
you making the same story and **** as on the Ps2 ??

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The storyline won't be the same due to copyright reasons and as far as I know, it won't even have Rynn and Arokh in it or even based on Drakan for the same reason. It will however have similar named characters so in all intents and purposes it will be Drakan 2 for the PC but with changed place / character names.
Assassin, can you fill us in with more details on this?

pox
Whelp

Post by pox »

it's really sad being not allowed to use characters names due to the copyright of a game that won't have a further episode...damned $ony...could you create an "unofficial" patch after the game(maybe call it 1.00000000001)that turns the names to the right ones?

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Well, AT got the point fairly well. The official Shadowbringer is in no way related to Drakan or Drakan2. The campaign it will ship with (that's if we will get a campaign done until release) will be a totally unrelated thing to Drakan, not even remotely.

However, since the game will be easy to MOD and easy to make new campaigns to, you can count on Drakan continuing of some sort for sure. Afterall, that was our basic aim! ;)

The Darklord
Dragon

Post by The Darklord »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ASSASSIN</i>
The campaign it will ship with will be a totally unrelated thing to Drakan, not even remotely.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Aww, that means I'm writing for nothing? Oh, fiddlesticks!
[xx(]

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

I'm officially talking, Darklord. Unofficially, we can be closely related... or I can make our campaing somehting like an "additional" campaign, which for some reason will be within the game. ;) I'm just walking on the edge of being lawful and doing what we all want...

The Darklord
Dragon

Post by The Darklord »

It's all about the underground movement. Don't talk about it, and no-one will know that we're infringing some laws... anyone mentioning it in other place than the development forum shall be terminated. This way, we shall have our Drakan, reeeally Drakan, without anyone knowing a thing.

mmmkay, where is my pill?