Maybe a new patch! :)

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Master-Moe
Dragon

Maybe a new patch! :)

Post by Master-Moe »

Maybe a new patch would be a good idea.. New updates like; Rynn could move her mouth when she talks, and blink with her eyes. And she could move all her fingers... And all that kind of updates, and bug fixes... Why not??[;)]

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I doubt they would bother now. The game was developed during 1998/99 and Surreal now work for Midway games as an exclusive in house developer.

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

hmm... Maybe we should improve the game... with the sound and the perfomance..

We can choose to improve the game, or to let the game rot, and let the game be forgotten...

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Master-Moe, did you ever play the single player mods for OOTF? Douglass442's levels 'The Fortress of Unreasonable Darkness' and the 'Dragomere' demo, but especially TFOUD made noticeable improvements in the graphics portion of the game, and were cleverly designed , as well.
There are a lot of good player-created levels...

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

I loved the levels that Assasin made, like star wars etc. Mage's Joaxin's Relic is cool too.[8D]

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

no I have not.. Where do I find it..??

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

All levels are at http://www.planetdrakan.com and most single player at http://levels.arokhslair.net

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

But I have downloaded all levels I could find for Drakan

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Start the game in Developer mode, by holding the shift button, when double clicking drakan icon. On developer tab, checkmark the developer mode, then it starts. Go, new game< and it shows all the levels. Pick one of the names that matchs the single player levels made, like azenera.[8D]

Master-Moe
Dragon

Post by Master-Moe »

ahh.. I know all that, and I have MANY lvls, it's just that lvls like The Country are not working. It crashes. I don't know why. I tried to start the editor with one of the lvls from the country. And it just keept asking for directions. I don't know why?? But some of the other lvls like aznera and aranmor and these lvls are working without trouble.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

ftp://au:au@files.drakan.ru/pub/Engine_2kxp.zip

Andre, Drakon Rider has just released this hoping it fixes some of the bugs within win 2000, xp. Give it a try![8D]

Dragon_Mother_1
Hatchling

Post by Dragon_Mother_1 »

Drakan the ancients' gates has two different front covers, are they different in any other way?
I mean, one they both look older then the other they look younger, are they different games?

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

No, the only difference is that one is NTSC format for the States, and the other is PAL format for Europe and Japan. Reddish cover for the NTSC, and the bluish one is PAL. Not many differences as I understand it. Just a couple of bugs fixed in the PAL release.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Some of the concept art (like in the link above) was used for the USA and Canada versions and a new one was made for PAL versions. Like Outlaw Wyvern said, the games are identical except the PAL release has some major game stopping bugs fixed as it was released several months after the NTSC version.

Dragon_Mother_1
Hatchling

Post by Dragon_Mother_1 »

Thanks, otherwise I might of bought 2 of the same game!!!