Problems to join a server

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Manuel007
Hatchling

Problems to join a server

Post by Manuel007 »

Hi, recently I was trying to play Drakan in network. I installed GameSpy 3D to find a server and after to find it and try to access, it sends the following message to me: the attempt to join the server is failed, Check network or firewall settings. Somebody has an idea that I can do? I already formed firewall to allow accesses from and towards that software (gamespy and engine) and i receive a good response (ping) from the server that i want to join.
Thanks
:-(
Or if somebody can say to me how to play Drakan on line of easy way, I will thank you very mutch.
Greetings !

Manuel.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Check my website, connecting page for info[8D]

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

May also be your internet provider, but doubt it. Ussually is a router issue with dsl, or the firewall, windows firewall.[8D]

Navaros Twin
Whelp

Post by Navaros Twin »

Hmm I can't connect either...
Do I need GameSpy 3D to connect?...

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yes, you need this to get the server IP addresses unless you add them manually into the game browser. Trying to browse games from within Drakan itself does not work anymore as the master server is now gone.

Faerith
Dragon

Post by Faerith »

Gamespy will just not let me use it to get a list of servers anymore. i installed it into different folders and the newly installed one wouldn't load the page and my old one just game me some long error about not finding a file.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

i installed it into different folders

Default folders are usualy best!, your files must match the servers exactly or it will not allow u to join![8D]

Faerith
Dragon

Post by Faerith »

Is it Just my computer or is gamespy drakan page broken. i've tried to install gamespy into many different folders but it still comes up with an error that basaclly amounts to 'cannot find webpage / address' (when trying to click on the play multiplayer button)

if a screenshot is needed, just ask.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Just tried it now and it seems to be working OK but there currently are no servers running.

De Profundis
Dragon

Post by De Profundis »

Actually, I've been having that problem lately as well.
When I try to join a server, I get that firewall message, even when I have it turned off. And my dedicated server doesn't show up on the list either.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Must be a Gamespy issue but I haven't noticed it as I haven't played the game for ages. I used to copy the IP addresses of the servers and manually add them to Drakan then that way I didn't have to go through Gamespy.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

I installed today, and found that Gamespy sucks, once again! hehe

I installed arcade, then 3d, both ad supported, or trials. Neither picked up my server.

3D however, I was able to add my server ip number into, and then join server. So I prefer 3D, and did like the "Lets get on with the killing"

So my ip numbers are 207.210.28.232

I tried some old ip numbers of s-pb-2 and atimars server, but did not see them.

I run a winXP machine so dont hold my breath for the server running stable long, but give it a try! and post back here.

I may config a old pc up to run under win98 just for a server if I see a great enough response.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

27046, 27045, 27910, 0

I have had to add these ports within my firewall, custom settings to see the server in gamespy arcade.[8D]

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

S-PB-2 server ip numbers are 194.58.105.38[8D]

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

If you have a home network, can you use it as a local server (within the walls of the house)?

I modified the cfg as instructed, but don't have an online server (and I don't want to use gamespy3d).

Can you use this method to choose any server?