can't find any multiplayer maps to download

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Eris
Dragon

can't find any multiplayer maps to download

Post by Eris »

could someone send me some multiplayer maps <b>please</b>. I'm new in multiplayer and don't have any new maps and I couldn't find anything in internet without registration and for free

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

They are available at www.planetdrakan.com but you have to register. You try ftp://au:au@files.drakan.ru as well that does not require registration.
I host single player levels here but not multiplayer due to webspace / bandwidth restrictions.
http://levels.arokhslair.net

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Thanks alot Arokhs Twin, that was veeery useful... But actually now that I have the maps I have another problem[:(]. Everytime I enter multiplayer I can't connect to any server. Yesterday only the 80.60.95.67 server was opened for an hour or so, but now even that one's closed. Is that because of my computer or they're really all closed?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It's best to use Gamespy Arcade instead of the game's built in server browser as you will find more servers that way. However sometimes there are only one or two servers to play on; most I have seen online at once was only 4.
You also may need to check your firewall. There are some multiplayer tips on the help page at www.arokhslair.net/tech.html

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

ok, i'll see what i can do, thanks once more... this Gamespy Arcade, where can i download it and is it for free?

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

and one more question (hope you're not tired of my questions yet[8)]):
Are there any replays of Drakan multiplayer games like the ones that there are for example in WarCraft or Quake? cause to say the truth i have never played Drakan multiplayer at all[:I], my inet connection was too slow to play anything online then and now that it's not a problem anymore i'm too late, though i've played Drakan OOTH more then 7 times and at least 3 of them where on too hard. It just seems to me that it's a different thing to play with computer enemies and with real ppl

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Gamespy Arcade is free and can be downloaded from www.gamespy.com
What do you mean by replays?

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

When famous players play together some of them record the game, then they place the records in the internet so other less experienced players can watch and learn how to play. But as you where one of the famous players if i'm not mistaken and you don't know about that then there aren't such things in Drakan so... just forget it. But anyway i think it would be great to have such kind of things, only Drakan itself doesn't have the possibility to record games