Ideas about how to make this forum more lively

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Geting back to the topic. A new Drakan clan has been opened not long ago and this gave me an idea. There were loads of competitions before within clans, between them and simply for all interested players, so I was wondering if we could arrange one. That's why I'm asking you a question:
<font color="white"><font size="3"><b>if there was a competition, would you participate?</b></font id="size3"></font id="white">

Grinder
Hatchling

Post by Grinder »

I would gladly join)

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

i think biggest problem is hardly anyone knows how to work drakan's multiplayer.And considering the enternet which has to have a decent connection.I think thats the problem.And getting people intrested.I posted on some of my friends jka forums about the game.Some of them are very intrested.I wouldnt be suprised if they showed up cause this is an awesome game.You have to make it sound tempting to play,how fun it is,the kind of graphics,the beautifle scenes,all that good stuff.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

By using GameSpy Arcade, I've managed to automate the process of logging onto Drakan MP games.

But I'm having rotten luck getting them to go.

I downloaded MP levels, but keep seeing a message about my levels not matching the ones on the server. These are promptly deleted, because I'm not going to bother keeping levels that don't work!

The only one I've gotten to go is The Deadly Grove on the server of the same name.

But there's no-one there and it's just me flying around on a dragon.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

That usually occurs if the game files have been changed i.e mods installed that alter the game's database files or the level editor has been used and changes made to the database. Try re-installing the full game and 445 patch.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by buckmana</i>

By using GameSpy Arcade, I've managed to automate the process of logging onto Drakan MP games.

But I'm having rotten luck getting them to go.

I downloaded MP levels, but keep seeing a message about my levels not matching the ones on the server. These are promptly deleted, because I'm not going to bother keeping levels that don't work!

The only one I've gotten to go is The Deadly Grove on the server of the same name.

But there's no-one there and it's just me flying around on a dragon.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

Yeah, that's really beginning to tick me off.

Atimar's Little Server is the one I use most, but I keep getting that level bug.

I download the levels, but they're not current and they crash the game.

And I can never avoid the "bad" levels because that server seems to choose them at random.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I noticed that Spb-1 is running 445SP1 (custom patch made by the drakan community) so you will be unable to play on that unless you patch your game to 445SP1 but then it would not work on standard 445 servers. This requires a re-install each time you change from 445 to 445SP1 and vice versa which is a pain in the arse.

I play on standard 445 servers and host a standard server at weekends.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

Really?

I didn't get that experience when using SPb2 patch.

I tell the program to patch a Drakan registry file when using that server. When I'm done playing there, the program can be instructed to restore the file to normal.

I see your server online, but no-one's ever there.

Want to play with me?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Oh right, that is an easier way of doing it rather than re-installing.
I can play online at the weekend if you want. Just drop me an email.

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Oh, can I play with you too? Pleeeeease

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I've tried single player and all I achieve is to get slaughtered.

But I'm assuming that's because I'm new to multiplayer Drakan. I hope my skills will increase in time.

I've tried single-player a lot now.

What I'd like to really try is a team based game. But you'd need more then three players (maybe six-eight) to try that out.

I had a look at Sage's level (the one you get to via Memorial of Sage) and that appears to be a team based one. I always choose Villager when I play that level.

De Profundis
Dragon

Post by De Profundis »

I'd actually forgotten about capture the flag levels. I want people to play with me!!