Drakan on-line?

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Warrior_Pilgrim
Hatchling

Drakan on-line?

Post by Warrior_Pilgrim »

Maybe I'm just new to all of this, but I have been hearing about playing Drakan on-line; is this true? If so, could someone tell me every step in order to play it? Example: Where I need to go, what I need to download, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

You can find the instructions on http://www.arokhslair.net/tech.html and then download the maps on ftp://au:au@files.drakan.ru. I'm also new here and that's exactly what I did. But I doubt that you'll find many ppl online, Drakan isn't very popular now. Anyway we'll be playing multiplayer on 18 august for sure, but I'll be very happy to play a duel with you if you want

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Warrior_Pilgrim</i>

Maybe I'm just new to all of this, but I have been hearing about playing Drakan on-line; is this true? If so, could someone tell me every step in order to play it? Example: Where I need to go, what I need to download, etc?

Thanks in advance!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes, there was to be an online version of Drakan which would have been a MMORPG being developed by Ex Surreal Software employees. However their site hasn't been updated and there has been no other news on it for 4 years now so we are guessing it's cancelled.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Just so you'd know, Warrior_Pilgrim... the multiplayer Drakan experience is rooted in the first Drakan game for PC.
The only reason I make that distinction is that I saw you post in the D:TAG forum, and I didn't want you to have the wrong idea about what you'd be getting.