another set of controls?

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
bodfan
Dragon

another set of controls?

Post by bodfan »

I like to learn a new set of controls if anybody care to share?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The controls can be customised to what ever you prefer. I use the default control layout but each function can be individually changed.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Hi, bodfan.
It's been a while since I played with the controller, but I remember that if you hook a joystick or controller to your PC, you can program and use it.
I also remember that when I was doing that, the most optimized controller scheme I found while playing was in Zeoc's very expert mod called "Journey To Azenera".
Load that mod and then access the controls scheme with a joystick plugged in... and that should show you an ideal config. It especially dialed in the flight mechanics.

I hope that was reasonably clear. Good luck!

*EDIT*
You'll still have to map some functions to keyboard keys, but that can be convenient, too.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I remapped them to something similar to Tomb Raider.

However, because there are more tasks in Drakan, I had to add extra keys.

For example, action and fight are the same in Tomb Raider.

In Drakan, fight and action are two seperate functions.

bodfan
Dragon

Post by bodfan »

I probably need some getting used to it but right now I don't feel very comfortable with handling the mouse to change the view of the character. It seems "unstable", she grew suddenly much taller or too close.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I've never really used that feature.

Only when I needed specific screengrabs of Rynn and/or Arokh from a certain angle.

bodfan
Dragon

Post by bodfan »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I've never really used that feature<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Are you sure? the mouse is used to "attack" and to "turn around and move back". It's the latter function I talked about in my previous post but you probably misunderstood it because I used the word "view".

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

Yes, I'm sure.

I've never needed to use the mouse much. I've used it to aim the arrows and Arokh's dragon breath, but other then moving the camera, nothing else then that.

Arrow keys are for movement. Attack is Control and A.

At least, that's what it is in my version.

bodfan
Dragon

Post by bodfan »

Thanks. I feel a lot more at ease now. [8D]

sparker599
Hatchling

Post by sparker599 »

For flying on Arokh, I used the left shift key for going down and the space key for going up. That makes it easy to go in 2 diagonal directions and also up/down at the same time(like left, forward, and up at the same time). So the controls for flying were sort of like a first person shooter for me.