problem

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
TheImmortalDragon
Whelp

problem

Post by TheImmortalDragon »

i have found 2 server on drkan whith camrade program and when i try to log in it says that a erroe has ocured because the server is shut dwn or switching levels.Irefreshed it after 10 min and tryed again but the same,please help........

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I'm not familiar with that program; does it work with gamespy?

TheImmortalDragon
Whelp

yes,it is gamespy comrade

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Oh right you mean Gamespy <i>arcade</i> I wondered what you meant there. It's not something I have encountered before but it sounds like the server can't communicate with the Gamespy master server. I guess the game is patched to 445 and you are using the latest version of gamespy? If so I'd try again and possibly ask Gamespy support.

I just tried it now with Atimar's Little server and I can connect and play fine so I don't think they are having technical problems.

Maybe someone else has had this issue?

TheImmortalDragon
Whelp

i've just tryed again but whith no luck,the same error

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

Ive had that error b4 too. Been happening for about a month now.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I'm out of ideas but if I do encounter the problem & manage to find a solution, I will post it here.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

For you to join an online server your levels must match exactly! Atimars server runs just the 445 patch, where as the SPB2 server requires a special patch.

If you cannot join, AND YOUR SURE THAT YOU CAN GET THROUGH YOUR ROUTER!, then write down which level is playing, and go to Andrey's FTP server to see all past and present levels. Download a copy and install it, see if this works.

Wait for a different level to start running! If can not still connect then you have an issue on your end, being router or patch, firewall etc.[8D]

The servers have been running for years, and we can still connect!

I have not joined in a few months, and have not even had Gamespy on my pc, but just installed it and joined Atimars server, Hill of Ice. Stayed for 2 min, just to see that my router did not kick me.

The concept of The Drakan Gold pack, was so that everyone who used it had the exact same files required to join multiplayer. If you have downloaded this, and cannot connect then it is definately, your firewall or router settings.

TheImmortalDragon
Whelp

thanks you,fixed it i installed the 445 english patch and it works

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Ah, I assumed you had installed the 445 patch. Anyway, glad to hear you got it working OK.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

SUCCESS!!!
That's what we wanna see!

Good work, AXE. You continue to be "The Man".

nerevaryne
Hatchling

Post by nerevaryne »

Greetings,
I have a little annoying problem with drakan OOTF. It is about the music. I downloaded this gold version or what, and found a lot of useful things, but that doesnt matter cuz I simply cant play normally. I cannot set the level of the music. It is as loud in 1% as it is at 100%. Even if I turn it to 1% it sounds so loud I can't hear anything but the music. [:(]
I know music is not as important than the gameplay, but, without music, it is not perfect. The first time I played this game was 8 years ago, and it is still one of my favs. But I cant enjoy the full gameplay without music :S
Please help me out!

lordb
Hatchling

Post by lordb »

does drakan works on microsoft xp?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yes it does but you have to patch it to version 445. It can be a bit flaky on some systems though but there are workarounds. If you have any problems, search the forum for existing fixes to your problem(s) and if you get no joy, post a message and someone will try and help.

lordb
Hatchling

Post by lordb »

thank you!
I got it on my pc, but I dunno how to make a dvd with Alcohol 120%... I can't find my original cd!