drakan 2 pc

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
TheImmortalDragon
Whelp

drakan 2 pc

Post by TheImmortalDragon »

i don't know if this topic was made already,if it was i'm sorry but i need to ask you if another drakan for the pc is on his way.Did you guys heard anything or some news anything please post

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yes, it's been asked many times before. In a nutshell, it's very doubtful that another drakan game will be made - for more info please search the forum.

TheImmortalDragon
Whelp

has someone even shoed the producer our petition?,i mean thaere are like over 1900 signatures

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

1900 signatures is not enough; even 19000 wouldn't be enough to pursuade them.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

It only takes one dedicated person to move ountains!

TheImmortalDragon
Whelp

yes but,i mean that drakan had a giaent suscess i mean the stary was genial,gamepley and features like if you un-mount your dragon and there enemy nearby we will fly to kill them.I mean at that time the game was divine why those ppl won't do another one?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

All of us agree with you. Even Surreal wanted to do another game (in fact I think several comments made by Surreal in the past hinted that they had ideas in place for a 3rd game) but the rights to the Drakan franchise lie with Sony. Unfortunatley as good as Drakan is, neither game sold enough copies to make a 3rd game economically viable. Sony did not want to make another game and to make matters worse, Surreal were bought buy Midway as an exclusive in house developer for their games.

TheImmortalDragon
Whelp

so,unless a miracle happens there won't be drakan 2 for pc or drakan 3,right?

TheImmortalDragon
Whelp

things are way more ****** up than i imagend

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yes, it would take a miracle for either of those two things to happen.
One guy who used to frequent this forum around 2 years ago was making his own game based around the drakan concept but I haven't heard from him for ages and the email address bounces.

TheImmortalDragon
Whelp

oh my good where is he i want to talk whith him,i could suggest some thing to him.Anyway why doesn't he post in the forum anymore and why doesn't he informs us,i mean i think we isn't doing this anymore or not please tell me!

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Assassi was going through University, and working on it in his spare time. For all we know, he could be married with kidz now! hehe

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Probably... Lol. Surreal news is down and he often posted there. Maybe he might turn up someday and let us know how he is doing.

Claxon
Whelp

Post by Claxon »

There's always the possibility that another publisher will license the Drakan brand from Sony. I have always wanted to work an a Dragon game, and Drakan is the best example of one I can think of. If I ever got the opportunity, I would most likely draw on features from Drakan and push to have them included. However the most likely course of events, since Drakan didn't become such a big name as the likes of Tomb Raider and Grand Theft Auto) would be that another publisher makes a Drakan-like game, but with their own brand. Paying for the Drakan license probably wouldn't bring enough of a benefit commercially to be worth the cost.

So I recommend everybody keep an eye out for those look-alikes.

TheImmortalDragon
Whelp

claxton you are a game developer,my good you're here at thge right time.You say that you will probably work on a drakan game-like?.
Or plase tell me who will meke a simililar game!!!!In any case,thank you for the news!