Multiplayer issues

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Xevon
Hatchling

Multiplayer issues

Post by Xevon »

Ok, I know that this has been discussed before, but I need it summarized.

I have wireless 802.11n/b/g, which I know can cause trouble hosting, but it hasn't given trouble for LAN games.

I also know that the mplayer.com and the original master servers do not exist anymore, but I have no idea how to see internet games.
I tried the IPs here http://www.arokhslair.net/tech.html, with this port: 27046, which has been opened in Windows Firewall, but not forwarded in the Linksys router.

But none of them work...I tried adding them to the game's server list, but they all appear with no info on them.

I haven't used gamespy arcade in years, so I forgot how to set it up, and plus, I only have the free version.

ANother issue is that when I enter the server selction list, it begins lagging abruptly every 5 seconds, where the entire game will lock up for a second or two, then start working again, then 5 secs later it freezes...and this goes on until I leave that menu.

Drakan build: 375/445
Nvidia GEforce go 6150 (128 mb)
1gb RAM
CPU: 1 core AMD turion 64 mobile MK36 (2000 MHz)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I have ports 27045,27046 & 27900 opened in my hardware (3com) firewall unit both TCP and UDP. They were also forwarded to my server machine when I used to host games and it worked fine and I can still play games. I have my windows firewall disabled and use Norton 360 plus a hardware based firewall appliance.

I'd check your router settings and see if it has anything that mentions port forwarding, special applications, open ports list etc.

The free version of Gamespy Arcade works fine; there is no need to pay for it to play Drakan.