New problem with music

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
nerevaryne
Hatchling

New problem with music

Post by nerevaryne »

Greetings,
I have a little annoying problem with drakan OOTF. It is about the music. I downloaded this gold version or what, and found a lot of useful things, but that doesnt matter cuz I simply cant play normally. I cannot set the level of the music. It is as loud in 1% as it is at 100%. Even if I turn it to 1% it sounds so loud I can't hear anything but the music.
I know music is not as important than the gameplay, but, without music, it is not perfect. The first time I played this game was 8 years ago, and it is still one of my favs. But I cant enjoy the full gameplay without music :S
Please help me out!

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Lotsa views no comments! So your sound card needs tweaking. This game has issues with sound cards. Try disabling some of the effects within the options. Check the DirectX on your pc, see how it is setup for audio! You need tell us about your pc specs, XP, Vista Gforce video etc.

nerevaryne
Hatchling

Post by nerevaryne »

Many thanks for replying.
I tried to run Drakan in developer mode, mixed every settings, but those didn't effect music, only the sound... I coldn't enable however the A3D support. Neither trilinear filtering, but who cares? :) I think the problem can be found in dxdiag, so I ran it. I write down the necessary things :

Harware : Ati Radeon 9250 (video card)
Abit NF7 (mainboard)
512DDR
Integrated sound card
AMD Athlon 2800+
I ran dxdiag.
DxVersion : DirectX 9.0c

Sound options :
Name : Nvidia nforce audio(software): in Kernel mode, has DLS support
This one is the sound driver. I can choose from others in the music window, like :
Nvidia kernel synthesizer(harware): It is the default one, in Kernel, has DLS
Microsoft MIDI mapper [emulated](hardware): has nothing
Nvidia DLS synthesizer [emulated](hardware): has nothing
Microsoft synthesizer(software): has DLS support
(there is a hungarian one, I don't know why it was tried to be translated in dxdiag, now it cannot be read becouse half english, half hungarian :S Something like MS GS wave... SV synthesizer... something like that. )

The sound accelerator is at the maximum. It is not a problem, as I turned it off but the problem remained.
At the music menu, I see DirectX default pixel acceleration, and it is turned on. GOTCHA!!! I turned off, and now I can set the music level :P Now that I wrote all these crap, I think I post it, as a lesson for everyone who writes, then thinks. Thanks for your assist. I forgot dxdiag xD