Hai 2 U

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
mage150
Dragon

Hai 2 U

Post by mage150 »

So who wants to get this Drakan community kicking. Anyone wanna give it a shot?

where do we all hang out now?

Is there a chat spot? Are people willing to actually hop on an IRC server to set up games?

Update me Im trying to install Drakan on my new PC as we speak!!!

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Hi mage!

Surreal's crashed. The server's hard drive crashed, broke, and scratched all the Surreal-News info into oblivion.
lowlight had no backup, and the site is a complete loss.
low sez he's putting a new Surreal-News together, but it'd be starting fresh.

Froberg (Kobayashi over at Surreal) owns the 404 site, and built a refugee camp for Surrealians over there. The addy for that is:
http://www.404forums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=110
... but we've got good Drakan conversation right here.

If you wanna get in touch with some of the old crowd, we're slowly trickling in over there.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

You know what would be nice? If we could get some people interested in making a new MP game that is Drakanesque. Nothing good out anymore like Drakan was.

De Profundis
Dragon

Post by De Profundis »

MAGE!!! If I could make a whole new game, I would, but I can't.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

I wonder what happened to Assassin and his new game. He was using the Oger riot engine to create it, while going through uni! He might let us use it? Maybe!

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

I've been looking for a project for a long time that was like drakan, ESPECIALLY an MMORPG but nothing.

While world of warcraft is awesome with the nice smooth texturing and models, the engine has poor lighting, and I really think Riot engine had much better dynamic lighting.

Everyone tells me to join the Unreal III Dev teams, but I did Counter Strike: Source and Doom 3 mod dev teams which was fun but my motivation is really set on games with swords, bows, and sorcery.

Edit: I wanted to make a point that I went as far as to find some programmers to create a new engine, perhaps I can look for some free engine online or something soon. I really miss the level editing.

buckmana
Dragon

Post by buckmana »

I've been hanging out on xFire a lot lately (my username is buckmana), besides trying on and off to get a drakan multiplayer game going.

I've also been playing an MMO game called Tabula Rasa.

I've also been looking for a mmo game similar to Drakan (swords, spells and dragon riding), but have had no luck so far.

And yes, I <i><b>ATTEMPTED</b></i> to try Warcraft, but after a day of patching and it announced I had to patch it again for another 2 days, I gave up and erased the game from my hard drive.