Question....

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Zienna
Dragon

Question....

Post by Zienna »

When you try to host a server I do all the things I am suppose to do,but it doesnt show up in gamespy arcade.I put in my ip manually and i can join and play in it but when someone else tries to type in my ip so they could play they dont see it.
Is there a way to fix that?

...sorry i couldnt leave drakan 4evar i admit it. <_<

De Profundis
Dragon

Post by De Profundis »

You have wireless router? And if so, is it the host computer? I've found that only the host can run servers to show up on gamespy. Also, it could be your firewall not being turned off or modified correctly to allow the server. It could be the wrong port settings, or the wrong address in the cfg file.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

yep! Port Forwarding needs be enabled, Allow virtual servers, to specified ip number on your pc, and make sure your firewall allows incoming and outgoing.

Need some examples! Check my connection webpage

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

Okay.I now got it showing up,but now that it shows up...the server on gamespy shows that it hasnt went through or something like that.Like its messed up.Cant remember that word. >_>

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The specific ports that need to be opened are 27045,27046 & 27900 both TCP and UDP.
Also check your drakan.cfg file is correct; see the instructions for editing the config file at www.arokhslair.net/tech.html

These two screenshots of my router's set up should give some idea. The old dedicated Drakan server machine was on IP 192.168.1.2 but however hosted games running on my main machine (different IP) registers with the gamespy server OK and I can play games fine.

The port forwarding page; please ignore ports 80,8008 & 21 as these are for the web & FTP server I have running.

and the firewall configuration page

http://www.arokhslair.net/temp/router2.jpg[/img]

Zienna
Dragon

Post by Zienna »

Thanks for all the info.I can now play online again.=D
Lets all play sometime.Ive practiced.:D

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Repeat of my previous post - reposting the images as my post is corrupt and cannot be edited. May be a db problem due to the last upgrade.

and the firewall configuration page