No Music in Game

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Arafura
Hatchling

No Music in Game

Post by Arafura »

Hi, I am trying to play Drakan in Windows Vista. It runs great, but the music is missing. Sound effects play fine. It sounds like an issue covered in the tips and help section on this site for XP... but that won't work for me. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Didn't this help?

Extract from help page:-

Users of Windows XP who have a SoundBlaster card will probably suffer from the problem of no music but sound effects working OK. This can be sorted by running dxdiag from the command prompt or start>run then going to the music tab then clicking on disable default port acceleration. Credits to doom_2er for this one.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Vista's nutsy.
If someone finds the Vista-specific workaround for that problem in Drakan, you can bet this is where it'll be posted.

Patience...
Wish I had your answer, though.

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

I was just searching for some info about Shilla bug on PD and though I didn't find anything useful on that topic yet, I've found a very interesting fix for this sound problem - http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/the_orac ... 2295/p1/?1
And this really helps. I tried to play Drakan on my Vista OS and it runs just as Arafura described and then I tried the fix and it worked.
I hope I have the rights to copy here the fix from PlanetDrakan for those ppl who don't like to wait while PD pages get opened because it takes a little too much time. The fix was given by Searinox_Navras. So here it comes:

"I am hoping that this will prove of great help to all future Drakan fans who want to run the game on Vista and have this issue. I have found a neat EXE debugging tool that shows what DLLs and registry keys a program tries to access. I have found 7 DLLs which Drakan was requiring but could not find, even though the game runs fine. Among them, dmsynth.dll, whose presence in the game folder makes the music work again. Search it on google and download it from the first site result, then put it in your game folder. Great fortune to you all. <3"

If I shouldn't copy this here then AT plz remove it.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Excellent Eris

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

It's fine Eris

bansaiii
Whelp

Post by bansaiii »

Nice! Worked for me as well on WinVista 64-Bit and a Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Champion-Series Soundcard