Help, please.

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Serenity
Hatchling

Help, please.

Post by Serenity »

I have Windows Vista and I installed Drakan: Order of the Flame. Everything went fine. The whole introduction played through, and I got to the menu. I went to New Game, picked which difficulty I wanted and then it just stopped working. The full screen view turns into a smaller view in the upper left corner of my screen and it's just a black box. Then a window pops up telling me the program has stopped working. I just really want to play the game but that's all that happens every time I try. Can anyone help me out, please?

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

The developer thing works with both XP and Vista. If you hold the shift button while running the game, you'll get a window with engine options. In the developer tab choose to enable developer mode. Click OK. The game starts. Click on new game. In the list of all levels choose Ruined Village. You'll play on normal difficulty if I'm not mistaken and unfortunately will not be able to see the intro. Enjoy your playing : ). And welcome to Arokh's Lair. And don't forget after finishing the game to try some player created levels and modes and play some multiplayer...

Serenity
Hatchling

Post by Serenity »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eris</i>

The developer thing works with both XP and Vista. If you hold the shift button while running the game, you'll get a window with engine options. In the developer tab choose to enable developer mode. Click OK. The game starts. Click on new game. In the list of all levels choose Ruined Village. You'll play on normal difficulty if I'm not mistaken and unfortunately will not be able to see the intro. Enjoy your playing : ). And welcome to Arokh's Lair. And don't forget after finishing the game to try some player created levels and modes and play some multiplayer...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thank you. I loved The Ancients' Gates. I tried the shift thing, but the only thing that happens is the screen quickly flashes and when the game closes, the Filter Keys window is up. I went to the Drakan Autorun and went to Drakan Engine Setup. I only see tabs for Graphics and Sound. I can't find anything about developer mode, though.

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

If it works for me then it has to work for you too. Just try again. When I say hold shift while running the game, it means you press shift and hold it pressed until you click on the game shortcut AND until the options window appears. You know, I remember I was having problems with Vista because I was not the only user of that OS and I was not the admin. If the window still doesn't appear you could try to right click the shortcut, hold the shift button and choose to run the program as admin.

In any case I can send you a save from the beginning of the game.

BTW, you will probably have a problem with the music in the game that is when you don't here music while you're playing. As long as I know it always happens under Vista. There is a fix for that, you can find it somewhere on this forum.

Serenity
Hatchling

Post by Serenity »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eris</i>

If it works for me then it has to work for you too. Just try again. When I say hold shift while running the game, it means you press shift and hold it pressed until you click on the game shortcut AND until the options window appears. You know, I remember I was having problems with Vista because I was not the only user of that OS and I was not the admin. If the window still doesn't appear you could try to right click the shortcut, hold the shift button and choose to run the program as admin.

In any case I can send you a save from the beginning of the game.

BTW, you will probably have a problem with the music in the game that is when you don't here music while you're playing. As long as I know it always happens under Vista. There is a fix for that, you can find it somewhere on this forum.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">It's finally working. Thank you so much! When I started playing, I didn't hear any music, so I'll look for the fix for it.