Drakan soundtrack titles?

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Ratchet
Whelp

Post by Ratchet »

One guy got it and made a Impulse Tracker file from the menu song -> http://modarchive.org/module.php?170814
He converted the DirectMusic stuff. I really want to do that with all the songs, but don't know how :D

EDIT: GOT IT! Can play and edit the original DirectMusic files. Just fantastic :D

NerdIII
Hatchling

Post by NerdIII »

And do you mind telling us which player you used? :)

Ratchet
Whelp

Post by Ratchet »

DirectMusic Producer, the same you wrote above -> http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=20215
That's the original authoring tool for making DirectMusic music ^^

LeoJaviex
Hatchling

Re:

Post by LeoJaviex »

Arokhs Twin wrote:They are on my home server, names and everything at http://www.adrian-smith31.co.uk/Drakan

The server can be a bit slow to respond at times so keep trying - it does work. Ignore the Cherokee web server rubbish; I can't get rid of that... There are a few directories of Drakan stuff including music from both games.
Thanks for the music.

UCyborg
Dragon

Re: Drakan soundtrack titles?

Post by UCyborg »

Is the whole soundtrack supposed to be on game CD? Subterranean and menu music are missing from mine, and I got 2 Wartok Canyons tracks and 2 Order Corrupted tracks! The version of the game on my CD also seems like a hybrid between official 444 and 445 patches (build 374/445). Some fixes/features of 445 patch are present, others are not.

I cloned the CD into MDS image about 3 years ago, maybe a little too late, there are about 5 minor pops in first 2 or 3 tracks. It just bothers me that there isn't the whole soundtrack on it, but rather repeated tracks... And it's a sin that there is no complete soundtrack downloadable from the internet in FLAC format!

Edit: And another remark regarding music, would be nice if Level Editor let you put your own music in the level the proper way, it can only be imported as regular sounds, so no nice transitions as with original tracks.
Last edited by UCyborg on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The tracks on the CD are just bonus tracks - the first track is the game data and the rest are selected music tracks which fill the rest of the CD. They didn't have room to fit them all on; I noticed the Alwarren music is not on the CD. Shame really as the in game music is just in mono rather than stereo whilst the ones on the disk are better quality.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

A shame indeed, but what's with the repeated tracks? There is almost 8 minutes of space wasted on them.
"When a human being takes his life in depression, this is a natural death of spiritual causes. The modern barbarity of 'saving' the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence." - Peter Wessel Zapffe

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Good question I wondered that myself. Talking of music quality the one in the PS2 game is not stereo either (or does not appear to be) when I extracted it from the DVD.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

We were both referring to the same missing track, the one from Alwarren. I just went through all in-game tracks and this one and the one from main menu are missing, nothing else. I think whoever recorded the CD just messed up, Alwarren would surely fit. You'd have to measure the length to see if there was still space for menu music, though if I was recording that CD and had to choose which one to omit if I had space restrictions, I'd go with the menu one. Though 7 minutes plus seem plenty.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

UCyborg wrote:
Edit: And another remark regarding music, would be nice if Level Editor let you put your own music in the level the proper way, it can only be imported as regular sounds, so no nice transitions as with original tracks.
There should be soundbox settings that let you cleanly transition between areas, unless I don't understand the question.
Moderator Of Arokh's Lair.

UCyborg
Dragon

Post by UCyborg »

There is a class of type System->Music Detector that lets you transition between tracks that are bundled with the game by setting the appropriate ID. But how do you put your own music in and make use of Music Detector?

Some levels that have custom music, I'm guessing their authors just imported it the same way you put other sounds in the game and make it originate from player's current position. I see you can do that with the class of type Special Effect->Sound Effect, but it's not the same thing, eg. no fade-in and fade-out.

You know when you open menu while mid-game and the current music starts fading away and the menu music starts? Same thing happens when you enter the new area. Unless I'm missing something, you can only do that with the Music Detector, which only supports the soundtrack that comes with the game, but not custom soundtrack.

mage150
Dragon

Post by mage150 »

UCyborg wrote:There is a class of type System->Music Detector that lets you transition between tracks that are bundled with the game by setting the appropriate ID. But how do you put your own music in and make use of Music Detector?

Some levels that have custom music, I'm guessing their authors just imported it the same way you put other sounds in the game and make it originate from player's current position. I see you can do that with the class of type Special Effect->Sound Effect, but it's not the same thing, eg. no fade-in and fade-out.

You know when you open menu while mid-game and the current music starts fading away and the menu music starts? Same thing happens when you enter the new area. Unless I'm missing something, you can only do that with the Music Detector, which only supports the soundtrack that comes with the game, but not custom soundtrack.

Ahhh ok, you can actually set up trigger detectors for different areas of a map. You essentially shut the sounds off and on based on what trigger box they run through. Everything is all linked together in basically a circuit of sorts. Additionally you can play the sound full volume within a trigger box (which you size in the editor) and leave a gap between boxes which acts like a fade. Basically the sound originates from the box, and gets lower as you go further away making basically a fade.

that is hard to explain but I hope it makes sense.
Moderator Of Arokh's Lair.

De Profundis
Dragon

Post by De Profundis »

I haven't played with custom music for a while, but with the sound detectors, can you not set an off trigger to fade out and link it to the original sound detector? It won't work for the menu, but you may be able to set it up for transitions if you place them in the right spot.
Strange things are afoot at the circle K.