Antialasing Greyed out in Engine Options!!

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Joskirock
Hatchling

Antialasing Greyed out in Engine Options!!

Post by Joskirock »

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB Video card. Is there a way to make Drakan allow me to use Antialasing? I have it set in Catalyst at 6x so it should be forcing it, but when I play the game, jaggies are still bad as though its not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

Windows XP SP3
Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
1 GB Ram
AMD Athlon 2800+ (Barton)

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Drakan uses very old version of DirectX and I'm affraid that Catalist doesn't support it by native, altrough I'm not sure. Unfortunally I didn't work much with Radeons and I don't know what may help in this particular case. But in my GeForce based machine antialiasing is grayed out as well.

Drakon Rider
Dragon

Post by Drakon Rider »

>Is there a way to make Drakan allow me to use Antialasing?

yes - force it in the Catalist options (like setting to 'always on' instead of 'disabled' or 'application preference')... there a number of AA settings there like edge-adaptive and so on......

also set Anisotropic Filtering to some non-1x state to reduce some texture 'noise'... unfortunately this not fix it everywhere - it helps to ground textures at small angles of view but none of AA and AF settings helps to the tree's textures with hard transparency key - they still flicker and 'noise' alot when camera moves...