Trouble with 445 update

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
birdd0g33
Hatchling

Trouble with 445 update

Post by birdd0g33 »

Hello People
Id like to thank everyone in their efforts to keep a great game alive.
Anyway ive installed drakan with the origional retail cd (which i keep in a safe)applied 445 patch along with 445 updated patch for xp and geforce 6 and later cards.the game ran fantastic till i tried to leave alwarren and i got smacked wit the alwarren bug.I got the save game from the lair and proceeded to play.all was fine till volcano level.My usb mouse kept disconnecting during gameplay so i hooked it to a ps2 mouse adapter and dat fixed dat.I just thought the patch developers would like to know.Also the usb issue dosent start till you enter the second cave in volcano world.It dosent occur in earlier levels (strange).
All in all the alwarren bug upset me cause i had over 50 health vials 20 full health vials,3 invisability potions and 2 invunerability potions.
On the bright side i averaged 200 frames per second.
OK now for the sys specs no one cares about:
AMD Phenom 2.8 ,2 gig ram,9800 geforce pcie 512 vid mem. on an xfx 8200 board.
also i tried compatability mode on and off at alwarren.
other than the stupid alwarren issue i was extremely happy to play drakan on my new baby.It ran smooth as glass.

mad_bohemian
Whelp

Post by mad_bohemian »

Regarding the Alwarren bug, have you tried the free look fix? Just before leaving go into options and unclick always free look with Rynn, leave Alwarren, then change back if you use the free look option. Always worked for me.

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Okay, I'll need some more info to help you - first of all, do you have saved game state just before leaving Alwarren? If so, publish it somewhere and give me url. And second thought - what mouse model do you have and what drivers for it?