Thanks! & some questions

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
yoodaa
Hatchling

Thanks! & some questions

Post by yoodaa »

I used to play this game a long time ago when it first came out. Heck, was even hooked by the demo. From out of nowhere, I just got the itch to play it again. I'm surprised that a community still exists for this :P Anyway, I'd like to say thanks for all those keeping it alive. Playing this on Vista and needed the dmsynth.dll workaround and 445++ patch. Thanks for that.

One quesiton...I've tried going onto the multiplayer. Of the seven IPs listed on the help page (http://www.arokhslair.net/tech.html) I only see Atimar's Little Server (though I see nobody playing). Are those other IP's current?

Also, I've been getting disconnects from Atimar's within a minute. Is there anything to do about it?

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I need to update that list so it probably isn't up to date. Will do it this weekend if I get chance.

yoodaa
Hatchling

Post by yoodaa »

Ok, thanks. How sparse is the multiplayer anyway? And are most servers dedicated? I don't want to install gamespy if I don't have to.

Outlaw Wyvern
Dragon

Post by Outlaw Wyvern »

Not a lot of folks on. Sometimes people coordinate here, though, and meet.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Best use gamespy to get the latest server IP addresses. There are a couple of servers on fixed IP addresses but the others will change all the time - I will try and keep the list updated.

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Hello yoodaa!

I'm very proud of this community which I am part of: there are very few games that were published 8 years agp and still have active fans. Some time ago we've even had a new fan level!

As writer of the 445++ patch, I tried to fix two most disturbing problems with single player game, however note that applying patch will probably cease multi player subsystem, as the game won't be longer "pure". I've included downgrade app, so you can test both solutions. I am going to check in near future if it will be possible to "cheat" checksum to bypass this limitation. I am going also to work on some multi player improvements (on my friend's computers game used to crash or freeze even at few <b>second</b> from launch game in multi player). This is hell a lot of work and I don't have as lot free time as I used to have (mainly because I am now working as webdesigner for "MA" company in Poland and also I am studying game programming in Polish University)