where is the config. data

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Sucram
Whelp

where is the config. data

Post by Sucram »

Can Anybody here say me where the config data of drakan is?
I have vista 64-bit -> drakan goes great but where is the config.

Sucram
Whelp

Post by Sucram »

I search the config because i want to change the violence ^^

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi it's in the game's folder. Drakan.cfg

Sucram
Whelp

Post by Sucram »

i cant find it there there are just some other files for example
mountain world->grotto, wartock schluchten ...
and no config

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

You can make a search then. Open the drakan folder, click on the search button (it's near back and next buttons), and in the appearing form in the "All or part of the file name" write Drakan.cfg and click search.

BTW, you can change the violence level also from inside the game. In Options -> Graphics there is the Gore Level setting, where you can choose from None, Some and Excessive. You can also put a password on the gore level, but I think you wouldn't need it.

If you're playing on vista, make sure you've got no problems with sound, that you hear the music while playing. It would be much pity if you deprived yourself of a pleasure of listening to Drakan music.

Sucram
Whelp

Post by Sucram »

The Search brought no solution.
And when i go to gameoptions a cant change the violence. Its like a kind of childlock.

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Do you want to increase the gore level or to decrease it? If it's set to None and you have to input the password to change it, then it means someone has put a childlock on it and there's no way to remove the lock if you don't know the password. Reinstall the game if you wish.

AFAIK the config file is not present in the game folder from the beginning, after installation. It is generated after you change smt in options and quit the game after that.

Sucram
Whelp

Post by Sucram »

No Nobody set a password to the gorelevel. Its always locked . ... after i reinstalled the game it was still locked.
I think the mainproblem is that i have vista.

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I think the mainproblem is that i have vista.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I don't think so... When you uninstalled the game, have you deleted all the files from Drakan folder and only then installed it again, or left something. You can copy your saves folder, but other files you should delete.

If this doesn't help either, I think this is your game version that has only none gore level, or the installer is corrupted...

The_Dragon_Lord
Whelp

Post by The_Dragon_Lord »

there is something about the vista OS that has some serous issues with drakan. i suffer from a completed engine failure all the time ive tryed everything i can think of it dont matter. However with vista there is alternate sub folder that holds drakan data that is not even in the drakan main game folder on the main C drive and ive got a brand new factory disc. though eris and arokh are right it should be in the main folder it may not be. Try this from start menu got to C:\Users\ what ever your main profile is of the pc(admin)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Psygnosis\Drakan. Be shure that once you open the main appy folder you switch the folder options so you can see the invisable ones because its hidden normaly. also your may be surpised what else you thought you got rid of and is still in there. why vista installs to this folder as well as the drakan main is beyond me but try serching there... if is not here its becasue you did not created it yet buy changing any of the settings rather it be graphics, controls, or whatever once you have done that you should find it in one of the two folders. Im still trying to fix this engine failure issue and am it my wits end with it. i hate vista personly its a pain...

Sucram
Whelp

Post by Sucram »

THX for the long answer i will look after it later bcause i cant reach my comp. right now.
ill send you a message when i had succes or not.

Sucram
Whelp

Post by Sucram »

YEEEAAAAH found it Thank you very very much.
THX :)

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

So was it really Vista not letting you to change the gore level? o_O

Sucram
Whelp

Post by Sucram »

well vista saved the config. in a folder that i didnt know and so i couldnt find
but i still wonder why the searchfunction didnt find it
sry when my grammar is not good im german ^^

The_Dragon_Lord
Whelp

Post by The_Dragon_Lord »

the vista serch funtion will not reveil hidden files and folders