Crash after cutscene

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Black Dragon
Whelp

Crash after cutscene

Post by Black Dragon »

After the cutscene where Rynn and Arokh meet for the first time, the game crashes. My version of Drakan: Order of the Flame is "BUILD 365/435" running on Windows 7. But if I skip the cutscene, it continues with Rynn and Arokh.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Greetings: You should install the 445 patch, it does fix many more issues with the game. There are quite a few more cut scenes that you might have issues with!

Black Dragon
Whelp

Post by Black Dragon »

The only problem is when I want to start a new game, it takes me to a "Load Game" screen. What's wrong?

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Version of game?

Black Dragon
Whelp

Post by Black Dragon »

Nevermind, it was the Drakan Gold Pack. Now I did a clean reinstall and have the first version of the game, will now update it to Build 445 only, not the Gold Pack. The only sad thing is that I have to restart from the beginning.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

375/445 Thats what The Gold Pack is running, with the patch installed. Also it runs stable under XP with the right video card running. There are issues with Vista, check the thread concerning this, but you say you have Win7, check the other thread concerning how the game runs with it! Dont just blame it on the pack, as alot of work has gone into it, to insure conformaty, for all new players.

Black Dragon
Whelp

Post by Black Dragon »

No no I don't blame the Gold Pack, it's just that it confused me. So I installed only the 375/445 patch.