difficulty setting

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
okeee
Hatchling

difficulty setting

Post by okeee »

I omitted the difficulty level selection, but I want to play the "too hard" mode. how do I change the difficulty level in drakan.cfg ?
Also what is the difference between the difficulty modes?

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

There is a
set Difficulty "n"
line in your drakan.cfg file (it's in the drakan root folder). n here is 1 - 3. 1 is for easy, and 3's for too hard. But actually I think that config file thing doesn't work for choosing difficulty. So you better just download a too hard game save of the beginning of the game. It's here on this site in the downloads section: http://arokhslair.net/downloads/ruined_village.zip

And the only difference between difficulties is imo that on too hard you've got much less health than on easy. Because the monsters hurt you more but the health potion also heals more on too hard. I just checked the weapon durability and it's same for both easy and too hard...

mad_bohemian
Whelp

Post by mad_bohemian »

I also think it takes more hits to kill the bad guys. Scavengers take three hits on normal and too-hard it's like four or five. My two cents worth. DC

okeee
Hatchling

Post by okeee »

Ok, how do I know for sure which difficulty level I'm playing? Can I check it?

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

Don't know any way to do that.
You can send me a save file, i'll try to check it out.
gayanek at gmail dot com