Hey

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
MadyWady
Hatchling

Hey

Post by MadyWady »

Hey guys.. not sure if you remember me but just amazed the site is still here! good job and glad theres still some drakan love!

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi, think I remember you lol. In fact you have just reminded me to renew the domain...

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

yea nice to see that u're still here AT. just noticed lowlight (or whoever it was) shut down surreal-news. probably he couldn't take seeing the forum getting squeezed with all the spam anymore. and noone wanted to clean it lately... and my drakanbonded website drowned in viruses...
u've got a really great antispam system here AT. and i noticed u removed the gmail restriction, at least i could easily edit my profile. the forum got an update to a newer version or gmail spammers stopped annoying u :D hardly believe that hehe

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Yeah, I'm still here. Just renewed the domain for another year; the site does not cost much to run although I could do with modernising and updating it. It's just finding the time for that.
I was wondering when surreal news was going to have the plug pulled, it was looking like a ghost town and clearly not maintained due to the levels of spam it was getting. Planet Drakan is dead as well, looks like Arokh's Lair is the only original fan site left. I hope to keep it running for a while yet plus its also the only English forum for Blade of Darkness which has an active modding community. A few there have offered support and money to keep the site running.

As for the spam, that will never go away. I try and keep it to a minimum but it's a fine line between stopping spammers from signing up and annoying genuine people with security questions, authentication etc. If it's too tight people just won't bother to register.

Eris
Dragon

Post by Eris »

actually planet drakan's not dead yet, just changed the address http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/planetdrakan
but won't say its alive either, as the last normal post was written more then 2 years ago. so much useful info there, i wonder if someone's still using it.