Hi And Need Some Help :)

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
nima207
Dragon

Hi And Need Some Help :)

Post by nima207 »

Hi all, i am a fan of drakan i always played it when i was kid. now i want to know about mods and multiplayer.
First i want to learn about mods, Second i want to know why when i click on a server or want to host, it say please check the connection.
im on windows 7 and i installed all 445 patches i can play on singleplayer but my porblem is in multiplayer.
Now if someone want to help me,help me :P .
And very very sorry for my bad english! :?

Many Thanks...
If You Light A Lamp for Someone, It Will Also Brighten Your Path. :wink:

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Hi And Need Some Help :)

Post by Arokhs Twin »

The multiplayer master server got closed down ages ago so you will have to edit your Drakan configuration file to point to the gamespy master server. The below page will help you find multiplayer games & edit your config file; you will probably have to manually add the IP addresses as not all seem to register with the master server. Games are few and far between now so don't be surprised if there is no-one online.

Also you may need to open ports 27045,27046 & 27900 in your firewall if you use a hardware based one such as the ones built into most broadband routers.

http://www.arokhslair.net/tech.php

As for mods, each one typically has instructions to install them but you will need to have the game in developer mode to be able to play and / or use them. If you are using mods, backup any files the mod replaces first before so you can restore them.

If you still get stuck please search the forum and also the main site as there is lots of info that answers a lot of common questions.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

nima207
Dragon

Post by nima207 »

Thnx a lot, but can you tell me more about mods and how to use? Then i have a question: how to screenshot in game?
Cuz i can made 3D pictures :shock: , so i need screenshot very fast and need many pictures, so how to use this???? see these pictures from Severance Blade Of Darkness that i made it.

This can be seen by 3D Blue and Red glasses:

And this... it doesn't need 3D glasses just need to make two pictures,come on each other with your eyes, so you can put your finger near and between the pictures and see it, then close up your finger to your nose then look at the picture, if you done it you can see three pictures,first is a left picture,third is the right picture and second,the middle picture is a picture made by two pictures and its 3D!
so open this picture in new tab and see it:

THNX...

nima207
Dragon

Post by nima207 »

Hello guys, i did make two 3D picture of Drakan, i hope you like it, and i'll make very better 3D pictures...

With 3D glasses:

Without 3D glasses(to see this picture read what i wrote in previous post and please open it in new tab):

I hope you like it, if any one like it tell me to make better pics :wink:

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I don't have any 3D glasses to try them but congrats on getting the screenshots.

As for the mods you need instructions for, do you mean new levels or game modifications? There are no specific instructions really as they are usually mod specific. As I said in my first reply, the readme file that comes with the mod will tell you how to install and use. As for levels, typically they go into your Drakan directory in a folder the same name as the level but most have installation instructions with them. Some also need the sky common database which you can get from the downloads page on this site.

nima207
Dragon

Post by nima207 »

Thnx AT, but you can see those pictures they composed of two pictures, just do what i said i'll make another and better 3D pics they don't need 3D glasses, and can you tell me about cheating in game? i want to have infinite health and ... so if this game hasn't cheat tell me to make trainer for it.
Tanks again :wink:

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I'm partially sighted - I can only see well in one eye; the other is pretty much useless as its out of focus even with corrective glasses so those 3D screenshots do work to some extent - I can see the difference but not how it should. Proper 3D glasses don't work well for me either.

The game does have cheat codes, but I don't have them listed on the web site. If you are in developer mode you just open the console and type the cheat code. You can have god mode, noclip, obtain items and more. Just google for them. I never thought about putting the cheat codes on this web site I will do this when I get time as I think people will find them useful.

nima207
Dragon

Post by nima207 »

I saw, but donno what are cheats in this game, and what to activate them for example: noclip 1 to on and noclip 0 to off.
those cheats you tell me for example god mode, they didn't work for me, what should i write in developer to activate these cheats??
can you tell me more??

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Bring up console in game (" ` " key on my system, yours may differ). Enter cheat code. Easy.

http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/drakanootf.html

nima207
Dragon

Post by nima207 »

Thnx a lot :D .