Heyooo!

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Jack
Hatchling

Heyooo!

Post by Jack »

Just happened to be thinking about Drakan and searching the web for it, and I just happened to stumble on this place. I can't believe you crazy bastards are still around! :o Is this the only site left, or at least active?

Hah, anyway... I thought I'd try to say hello to all the people I know, if they're still around. I was a regular on the servers between '00 and '03 if i remember right. Mostly a ground player, Never was good with the dragons. Rotation was one of my favorite dueling arenas, but I played a lot of stuff I cant remember now.

I left for other things about a year after MPlayer switched to Gamespy -- I remember that much at least.

Come forth from your dark lurky depths and say hello to me! :mrgreen:

(Oh, and mods can move the topic if they need to, I just picked the most active Drakan board.)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Heyooo!

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi there, I think I remember you from the multiplayer servers. I haven't played in years as well, I was better at the dragons rather than the humans. Good to see some old players checking in!

We are the only Drakan fan site of the original sites launched in 1999 left now but there are one or two other smaller fan sites around on homepage sites and a couple of forums. The forums here were started in 2001 but Arokh's Lair was around before then as just a level reviews site hosted on Lowlight's surreal-news.com server. I also recently moved the site to a cheaper server which has nearly cut the site running costs in half so I intend to keep it running for a while yet especially as we host the Blade of Darkness forums as well.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Jack
Hatchling

Post by Jack »

Ah, is Blade of Darkness that old MMORPG remake of Drakan that everyone was talking about for a little while, then completely forgot about after a few years? I kind of remember it. I think Sageous was working on it -- maybe even the only person working on it. (Edit before posting: Did some research, this was something completely different, not Blade of Darkness... What was it called though?)

So does anyone play anymore? Even though it's been like 10 years since I visited, I never expected to find the game completely deserted. NORD? AFW? That little clan of fliers that Stormy operated? Larlord, Bloodmajor, Demogorgon, Max, Graphix, Shrum, Nikanoru, Jamandi, Majoras_Mask, Mage150, Sageous, Stormy Lake... I could probably spout a few more names if I thought about it for awhile longer, but eh.

Also, I forgot to mention -- Before I cause an accidental mistaken identity crisis, I never played Drakan under this handle. I used to play under the name DragonLord. Not The_Dragon_Lord, whom was someone else entirely.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Blade of Darkness is not related to Drakan, it is a game which I also made a fan site for but closed it down years ago but the forum remains for it here.
The fan made MMORPG remake of Drakan is `on hold` at the moment and has been for some time due to legal reasons (Sony would not allow it) and the time and effort it would take to make it without any funding and free time. There is some information about it here http://www.arokhslair.net/doomsday.php This was going to be made by Assassin and others. There was also a MMORPG called Drakan online that was going to be made by Sageous one of the ex Surreal staff and his team but that fell by the wayside years ago.

Don`t think many play online now, not seen or heard from any of those you mentioned for a while. There are only a couple of active clans left links to their sites are on this page http://www.arokhslair.net/links.php

I'd like to play again against some old players but I work long hours sometimes 6 days a week so don't get much time - if I do play games its usually single player games. I played through Divinity2: The Dragon Knight Saga, the closest thing to Drakan and the Mass Effect games. Also played the Witcher and just bought the Witcher2 which should keep me busy for a while.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

I'll do shameless self-ad, but I think that may interest you:

There is now mod for Drakan that is scheudled to be released October 1st, that will replace original renderer with much more powerful DX 9.0c (shaders, etc.) :)
Do not follow where the path may lead - go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side! I laugh in the face of danger! Ha! Ha! Ha!