Drakan multiplayer servers

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Thrag
Hatchling

Drakan multiplayer servers

Post by Thrag »

Hello guys!
Recently I've returned to this brilliant game, which I played if I were a kid! I really like it and also I am suprised that still exists some websites with online fans. I thought this game is forgotten already.
I want to ask you if there is any server where can I play with other people. I played only with my sister but in two players the multiplayer is not so good. It'll be fun if some people connect with each other again and play it.

Thanks to your advices where could I play. :)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Drakan multiplayer servers

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Hi there, not many people play online now but I have a list of servers on this page http://www.arokhslair.net/tech.php#online which is somewhat out of date now but the last time I checked a month or two back there was two servers working.

If anyone runs a server and has a fixed IP address, let me know and Ill put it on the above page.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

Thrag
Hatchling

Post by Thrag »

Arokhs Twin wrote:Hi there, not many people play online now but I have a list of servers on this page http://www.arokhslair.net/tech.php#online which is somewhat out of date now but the last time I checked a month or two back there was two servers working.

If anyone runs a server and has a fixed IP address, let me know and Ill put it on the above page.

Yea ... I've seen it
I am not sure if I did it right ... I clicked on MP and join game - then add server and I put these adresses into the blank box
Only one server has proven that it works but I cannot join. (and ofcourse I turned off Firewall)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I have attached my servers.txt file if you want it, its all the current servers I know of. It's a long time since I attempted to play online and since I replaced my router I can`t host a server and when I attempt to join the game crashes.

Anyone else have any ideas?

http://www.arokhslair.net/servers.txt

Thrag
Hatchling

Post by Thrag »

Only one 'works' for me - 50.70.103.140
But still I cannot join ... I saw how the map datum changed so I think it's functional :)

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

That is Axe's server and it isn`t in my list. Ill add it to the site.

I can connect to it and able to play on that server OK despite my above post - I noticed today it can contact the master server, was not doing that yesterday so maybe it was down. I have ports 27045,27046 and 27900 TCP & UDP open in my router`s firewall. Does the game give you any error messages?

Axes server is using standard Drakan 445 build so if you have any mods installed such as the 445+ patch this could be why you can't connect.

Thrag
Hatchling

Post by Thrag »

Oh ...that's it! :?
Because I've got 445 ++ (or something that) - without this patch I can't play multiplayer at all. It ever kicks me out with engine error ...
But this patch fixed it! 8)

So it's bad I think :D

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Just the `standard` 445 patch should do for that particular server. There was some servers a while back running 445++ so your game version has to match the server or you will get an error stating your files do not match or something like that.

The only pain is having to install different patches for different servers.

If your game crashes with engine error with the standard 445 patch try deleting all servers in your servers.txt file and just add the ones you know that work. This fixed it for me.

Thrag
Hatchling

Post by Thrag »

I tried to remove the 445 ++ patch and remove all servers from server.txt! The same table appeared when I've got a 445++ patch -
Invalid or corrupted level! Aborting! Your level files is not match the server files.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

I would uninstall the game, re-install (use full installation) then download and install the 445 patch and the sky common database - both available from the downloads page - English patch only though http://www.arokhslair.net/downloads.php

This is a very common error and occurs if any of the game files have been changed in any way. Typically mods can mess up the game files. Drakan is a buggy game at best and the multiplayer side of it has it`s problems.

Shelim
Dragon

Post by Shelim »

Multiplayer between 445 and 445++ is not supported and most likely *will* give error "Invalid or corrupted level! Aborting! Your level files is not match the server files". I want to address this, but this requires a lot of work, so can't give any precise timeframe yet :)
Do not follow where the path may lead - go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side! I laugh in the face of danger! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Thrag
Hatchling

Post by Thrag »

So if Multiplayer between 445 and 445++ is not supported ... what should I do? :D
I am not sure that re-install will help ... I didn't install any mods or other stuffs into the game expect for these patches.
It'll be good if someone without patches try these adresses and tell us if it work ... :?
But i think it's lost already....

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Not really. What I mean is if you install the game and patch it to 445 then you can play on the standard unmodified servers such as Axe's server above. What Shelim means is that your game and the server have to be running the same game revision e.g if the server is running 445++ you have to be as well. If the server is running just 445 then just a standard game install plus 445 patch will be fine.

The 445++ patch is a custom unofficial mod / patch made by the game community to address some bugs with the game. The side effect is that if you install it then you won`t be able to play online unless the server has been patched as well.

Seem as Axe's server seems to be the only one in existence re-installing the game and the 445 patch will allow you to play on it.

Thrag
Hatchling

Post by Thrag »

Oh ...you were right! :) It works after re-installation with 445 patch.
But the problem is ... there isn't any players! :D
But Thank you for your effort to help me. :D

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Glad you got it working. Yeah there isn`t anyone online when I check either. I have an events calendar on the main site that could be used to organise mutiplayer matches.

http://www.arokhslair.net/calendar/calendar.php