Issues Installing Drakan On My High-End PC

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
rynn21
Hatchling

Issues Installing Drakan On My High-End PC

Post by rynn21 »

I had no problems installing Drakan: OotF on my laptop, but on my XP desktop it refuses to install. It starts out by wanting to install a Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones, and that's as far as it gets. I try to allow it to install the driver, but it just errors out and says that it cannot read from the source. Any help would be appreciated. I have a few copies of the game too, and none of them work.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Issues Installing Drakan On My High-End PC

Post by Arokhs Twin »

Did you / have you got a samsung mobile phone or tablet? It could be a shared dll causing the problem or registry corruption. I once had HP printer software coming up with the same error whenever I tried to install any game or application. Fully uninstalling the HP software cured the issue for me.

If you no longer own a samsung mobile try uninstalling any software left on your PC for it then run sfc /scannow from the command prompt to check system files are the original versions. You may need your windows CD or path to the service pack installation files for this.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair

rynn21
Hatchling

Re: Issues Installing Drakan On My High-End PC

Post by rynn21 »

I was starting to think that. I had already mostly uninstalled anything Samsung related, but I do still need to go through the registry. Thanks. I'll try that fully.