Drakan installation Help please

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Lady Dreana
Hatchling

Drakan installation Help please

Post by Lady Dreana »

Hi there I know that this problem has been mentioned before but I really need some step by step help with Drakan oorf. Ok so when my game finished installing something came up saying that I needed microsoftX 6.1 for it to properly play or something, and lke most people whenever I try to choose a level difficulty on the game it crashes
And I have tried the suggested options I downloaded the 445 and 444 patch and used the riot engine and it still keeps crashing could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? your help would be greatly apprciated thank you.

Arokhs Twin
Site Admin

Re: Drakan installation Help please

Post by Arokhs Twin »

This is a well known issue caused by the game not being fully compatible with newer operating systems - you need to start the game in developer mode by holding shift whilst starting the game. There's lots of info on this site & forum about this issue but here it is again - when the riot engine options box appears click on the developer tab then tick enable developer mode.

Start the game and select 'ruined village' from the list of levels that appear. This will bypass the intro cutscene that causes the crash.

The direct X6.1 is not required as I presume you are running on Windows XP or later and you will be using a newer version of direct X.

The 445 patch MUST be installed on Windows XP/VISTA/WIN7/Win8 or the game won't work.
By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!
Webmaster of Arokh's Lair